VBT’s biggest sale of the year is ending soon! On average, this amounts to a per-person savings of $270.11 for VBT’s guided bicycling vacations. So, how will you spend those savings?
The Most Fun You Can Have For $270.11
Posted on Friday, October 7th, 2022
Story by: Molly Waldstein | Travel Writer
The Most Fun You Can Have For $270.11 (and Still Make it Home Without a Criminal Record)
VBT’s biggest sale of the year is ending soon! To take advantage of our annual Good Buy Discount, simply book your tour before October 20, then pay in full by November 3—and save 5% on the total cost of your tour. On average, this amounts to a per-person savings of $270.11 for VBT’s guided bicycling vacations. So, how will you spend those savings? Our travel-savvy experts have a few bright ideas:
Shall We Niçoise? Try a Michelin-Starred Tasting Menu for 2
Ever been traveling and wanted to indulge in a delicious experience, but didn’t want to get extravagant with your travel budget? With some extra savings in your pocket, you can roll that cash into something truly indulgent—an experience that makes you the envy of all your friends and inspires even better memories. For example, you could take the plunge on a tasting menu for two at a Michelin-starred restaurant—or indulge in a Thalassotherapy spa treatment after a scenic day of cycling.
Savor the Sauce: Ship Yourself a Case of Barolo
Everybody buys keepsakes when they travel—it’s kind of an unspoken requirement, right? From small items that remind you of a wonderful moment to those thoughtful gifts for a special someone, these mementos can bring you happy recollections for years to come. With a few hundred dollars at your disposal, you might splurge on something a little more extravagant—like a handmade Irish sweater, Baltic amber jewelry, or a case of your favorite French or Italian vintage—direct from the local village where it was crafted.
Haute Your Couture with Leopard-Print Spinner Luggage
Got an extra $270.11 burning a hole in your pocket? You might consider spending it on top accessories that make your travel experience that much more relaxing and comfortable. For example, it’s hard to pass up a fancy new suitcase—along with a set of compressible packing cubes to help keep you organized. Ensure the scenery looks its best with a pair of pro-level cycling sunglasses—or chart your activity with a smartwatch or fitness tracker. Relax by the pool with an e-reader packed with your favorite novels—or jam out to your favorite tunes with a fresh set of noise-cancelling headphones.
Oh, Won’t You Stay (Just a Little Bit Longer)?
Adding a VBT trip extension is a great way to get the most for your travel dollar—and there are many extensions you can take for less than $300. A few great options include:
- Experience the historic Swedish city of Stockholm when you take a Post-Trip Extension following VBT’s Scandinavia: Denmark & Sweden Guided Tour.
- Start your Croatia: The Dalmatian Islands Guided Tour on the right foot with a relaxing 2-day Pre-Trip Extension to the coastal city of Split.
- If you’re traveling on VBT’s Spain: Andalusia, Córdoba & Granada Guided Tour, you simply cannot miss the opportunity to take an affordable Pre-Trip Extension to Seville.
- Warm up for your France: Saint-Rémy-de-Provence, Les Baux & Avignon Guided Tour with an affordable Pre-Trip Extension to colorful Aix-en-Provence.
- Whether you prefer a Pre-Trip Extension to Oxford or a Post-Trip Extension to Bath, an affordable extension rounds out your England: Bath & the Cotswolds Guided Tour.
- When you travel on VBT’s Italy: Southern Tuscany & Giglio Island Guided Tour, you can choose a Pre-Trip Extension to the medieval city Orvieto—or maybe a Post-Trip Extension to Rome is more your speed.
- With two affordable options, you can’t go wrong when you choose to extend your Switzerland & France: Lake Geneva, Annecy & Valleys of the Alps Guided Tour—with a Pre-Trip Extension to Chamonix, or Post-Trip Extension to Lyon.
Whether you use those savings to extend your stay, pick up those special mementos, add a touch of luxury to your trip, or maximize your traveling comfort—there’s only one way to get an average of $270.11 back when you book your VBT vacation: book by October 20 and pay in full by November 3 to save 5% on the cost of your trip. The deadline is getting close—don’t let this opportunity slip away!