Join Our Team!
VBT is always looking for new and exciting talent, in our home office, overseas and on the road. We positively impact people’s lives through active travel experiences! Take a look at our openings and see if we have the right fit for you.
We are hiring for the following positions:
Join VBT and Country Walkers; an award-winning, Vermont-based active travel company and be part of our high performing, international team. We offer worldwide, deluxe and small-group bicycling and walking tours at a variety of different levels and paces. Positively impacting people’s lives through active travel experiences is what we’re all about! We’re searching for a Business Analyst for our Williston, Vermont office.
- Assist in developing and circulating standardized business reporting (Dashboard) and analysis across brands, ensuring consistency and continuity in managing the business
- Fully utilizes, and enhances, the existing database and reporting systems, maximizing data mining capability and ensuring data hygiene and integrity are maintained
- Analyze historical performance, bridge actual vs. budget performance; report trends, resulting implications and key actions in a visual manner to organizational decision makers
- Assist in establishing annual plans with finance, marketing, product and operations
- Responsible for the overall inventory management, with input from finance, marketing, product and operations, to ensure sales, loads and revenues are maximized
- Provide leadership team with appropriate information and ad‐hoc analysis to support business decisions
- Generate thoughtful and analytically-supported strategic scenarios which outline requirements, implications, and risk-adjusted outcomes
- Research and update leadership on current marketplace dynamics, general economic climate and competitive set performance
- The ideal candidate will have exceptional financial competence, strong business acumen, deep knowledge of financial analysis tools and techniques, and critical thinking proficiency
- Measurable experience with building annual operating plans, budgets, and forecasting.
- Demonstrated “big picture” strategic thinking and “business creativity” with the ability to provide specific ROI recommendations to individual business units
- Demonstrated ability to define and drive strategies for growth and performance
- Highly proficient in Excel – deep financial modeling and data mining expertise; proficient in PowerPoint
- Strategic influencing skills to ensure alignment across functions, departments and stakeholders including ability to negotiate complex relationships
- Ability to translate high level ideas into financial or operating models
- Strong written and oral communication skills, able to synthesize and present data clearly
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to interface with team members of varying seniority and analytical ability
VBT leaders come from a variety of nations and backgrounds. Each year we seek a few qualified individuals to add to our professional and fun-loving team. We hope you may be one of them. Please review the following guidelines to see if you may qualify:
What we look for in a potential Tour Leader:
• Superb people and customer service skills: outgoing, confident, and fun personality; being at ease when speaking to groups and being a spirited conversationalist.
• Intimate knowledge about and expertise in your region whether it be natural history, art, architecture, food, wine, cultural and political history, geology, music, folklore, or local flora and fauna.
• Residence in or near the region in which you lead.
• English and local language fluency.
• Experience in handling multiple logistics; ability to problem solve.
• Ability to communicate well with local vendors including hotels, restaurants, and transportation companies.
• Passion for cycling and the outdoors.
• Basic bike mechanical skills.
• Physical fitness: able to bike up to 60 miles per day in all weather and able to lift and carry luggage and bicycles up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to work in a team and connect with a co-leader; including sharing a room on tour with a leader of the same gender.
• Attention to detail and safety awareness.
• Ability to handle and manage a tour budget.
• First aid skills and CPR (or equivalent) certification.
• Valid driver’s license, clean driving record.
• Ability to drive a passenger van with a trailer; willingness to obtain a special driver’s license prior to leading VBT Tours.
• Prior leading experience is a plus but not required.
When and how to apply:
We recruit leaders on a year-round basis, however, most of the hiring and training is done in winter and early spring for the following season.
Leading for VBT:
• Leaders work on a freelance basis and are paid a daily rate. All tour-related expenses are covered by VBT. Leaders may lead anywhere from 2-14 trips per year. Leaders are NOT able to work full-time, year-round with us due to the limited biking season in each region.
A leader’s primary role is to ensure our guests experience an excellent vacation with VBT and support our mission of ‘positively impacting people’s lives through active travel experiences.