Join Our Team!
VBT is always looking for new and exciting talent, in our home office, overseas and on the road. We positively impact people’s lives through active travel experiences! Take a look at our openings and see if we have the right fit for you.
We are hiring for the following positions:
Join Country Walkers and VBT Bicycling Vacations; an award-winning, Vermont-based, active travel company, and be part of our high-performing, international team. We offer deluxe, small-group bicycling and hiking tours worldwide at a variety of levels and paces. Positively impacting people’s lives through active travel experiences is what we’re all about!
We’re searching for an enthusiastic Sales professional with a passion for travel to join our busy Call Center.
- Ensure that individual Passenger and Revenue goals are met &/or exceeded each month.
- Handle all of the administrative duties related to reserving new guests, answering questions, and following through on customer requests.
- Meet &/or exceed a monthly Travel Insurance and Double Play goal
- Increase guest take-up rates for Air Package and Extensions.
- Meet &/or exceed a monthly call conversion of 40%
- Support all members of the guest services team with all daily responsibilities
- Ensure that all guests receive a heightened level of customer service
- Work closely with guest service colleagues, Product, Marketing, Air & all other departments as it relates to Sales.
- 3-5 years of commission based sales experience
- An assertive personality, competitive nature, high energy level, and resilient character
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- A team player with the ability to manage up and across the organization.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills and recognition of the importance of top-notch customer service customer service
- Exceptional technical skills; computer operations, systems navigation, and data entry required
VBT leaders come from a variety of nations and backgrounds. Each year we seek a few qualified individuals to add to our professional and fun-loving team. We hope you may be one of them. Please review the following guidelines to see if you may qualify:
What we look for in a potential Tour Leader:
• Superb people and customer service skills: outgoing, confident, and fun personality; being at ease when speaking to groups and being a spirited conversationalist.
• Intimate knowledge about and expertise in your region whether it be natural history, art, architecture, food, wine, cultural and political history, geology, music, folklore, or local flora and fauna.
• Residence in or near the region in which you lead.
• English and local language fluency.
• Experience in handling multiple logistics; ability to problem solve.
• Ability to communicate well with local vendors including hotels, restaurants, and transportation companies.
• Passion for cycling and the outdoors.
• Basic bike mechanical skills.
• Physical fitness: able to bike up to 60 miles per day in all weather and able to lift and carry luggage and bicycles up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to work in a team and connect with a co-leader; including sharing a room on tour with a leader of the same gender.
• Attention to detail and safety awareness.
• Ability to handle and manage a tour budget.
• First aid skills and CPR (or equivalent) certification.
• Valid driver’s license, clean driving record.
• Ability to drive a passenger van with a trailer; willingness to obtain a special driver’s license prior to leading VBT Tours.
• Prior leading experience is a plus but not required.
When and how to apply:
We recruit leaders on a year-round basis, however, most of the hiring and training is done in winter and early spring for the following season.
Leading for VBT:
• Leaders are paid a daily rate. All tour-related expenses are covered by VBT. Leaders may lead anywhere from 2-14 trips per year. Leaders are NOT able to work full-time, year-round with us due to the limited biking season in each region.
A leader’s primary role is to ensure our guests experience an excellent vacation with VBT and support our mission of ‘positively impacting people’s lives through active travel experiences.