Summer time in Vermont brings forth a bounty of fresh produce at farmers markets and roadside stands all over our home state. If you’re searching for a light side dish or something to bring to a pot-luck, try this great recipe for VBT associate Sylvie V. for a delicious broccoli and quinoa salad.
2 cups broccoli florets
1 tablespoon of lemon juice (for roasting broccoli)
3 tablespoons olive oil (for roasting broccoli)
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 cups of cooked quinoa, room temperature
4 cups chopped kale
2 tablespoons olive oil (for salad)
2 tablespoons lemon juice (for salad)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Salt and black pepper, to taste
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
• In a bowl combine broccoli florets, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and garlic, mixing thoroughly.
• On a baking sheet spread broccoli mixture in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper.
• Roast for 15-20 minutes, until broccoli is slightly browned.
• In a large bowl combine roasted broccoli, cooked quinoa, kale, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice, stirring gently.
• Add sunflower seeds, feta and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Serve and enjoy!