Santa Barbara & The Santa Ynez Valley
Chic wine bars, creative MexiCali cuisine and art galleries are close by, with ample time for pier and beach strolling. We bike through the university campus, along the Pacific coastline, enjoying picnics and wine tastings as we roll. Crowning this bohemian beach rhapsody is a sunset wine cruise along California’s golden riviera.
- Savor a picnic lunch and wine tasting at Bridlewood Estate Winery
- Learn about the wines of the Central Coast during two included vineyard visits and tastings
- Enjoy 5 nights in superb California inns, each with a stellar location affording easy access to restaurants, museums and galleries
- Be wowed by views of the Pacific Coast and the sound of the surf while cycling
- Explore the impressive Santa Barbara Mission, considered the best of all 21 California missions, during a private, docent-led visit
- See Santa Barbara from the Pacific during a sunset wine and cheese sail
- Explore lively Santa Barbara and its exceptional art and food scene
- Ride VBT’s Fuji Gran Fondo 1.5 performance road bike, at no additional charge
What to Expect
This tour offers options on easier terrain with the occasional hill and the opportunity for some longer rides and moderate climbing. The majority of the rides are on quieter roads alongside vehicular traffic, some with marked bike lanes. About a quarter of the riding is on bike paths. Our VBT van support shuttle is always available throughout the trip.
Average Daily Mileage: 12 – 35 miles
Average Cycling Time: 1 1/2 – 3 1/2 hours
Average High/Low Temperature (°F) – Santa Barbara
Mar 66°/50° Apr 69°/52° May 70°/55° Jun 71°/58° Jul 75°/61° Aug 76°/60° Sep 75°/60° Oct 73°/56° Nov 69°/50°
Average Precipitation (in.) – Santa Barbara
Mar 2.9 Apr 1.2 May 0.3 Jun 0.1 Jul 0.0 Aug 0.1 Sep 0.1 Oct 1.9 Nov 1.8
E-Bikes Available on this tour.
Limited quantities — first come, first served. Learn more.
- 5 nights in superb Californian inns
- 11 meals – 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 2 dinners
- FREE use of our custom VBT bicycle (including the upgraded Fuji Gran Fondo 1.5) and helmet use
- Service of two VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Daily route directions and maps
- Welcome reception
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- Two included wine tastings at local vineyards
- 5% Frequent Traveler Credit to use on your next VBT vacation. See details.