Mississippi: The Natchez Trace Bike Vacation
You’ll stand in awe at an ancient Native American site, explore a fascinating ghost town and discover why the Natchez Trace Parkway is beloved by cyclists. Hearty Southern cooking and old-time hospitality at some of the region’s finest accommodations round out your experience.
- Explore Pulitzer Prize-winning novelist Eudora Welty’s longtime home, a National Historic Landmark
- Roll through centuries of history along the Natchez Trace Parkway, a National Scenic Byway and All-American Road
- Step into the past at the atmospheric ghost town of Rocky Springs
- Ponder the legacy of the Civil War at the ruins of the Windsor Plantation
- Relive the Siege of Vicksburg on a guided tour with a local historian
- Visit Emerald Mound, an ancient Native American ceremonial site
- Customize your own “Pilgrimage” of Natchez’ stately antebellum homes
- Stay at a historic inn that has earned AAA’s elite Four Diamond rating for decades
What to Expect
This tour features easy terrain mixed with some rolling hills (most notably on Day 3, inside Vicksburg National Military Park). Our VBT van support shuttle is always available for those who need assistance. This trip is ideal for both beginning and experienced cyclists.
Average Daily Mileage: 15 – 25 miles
Average Cycling Time: 2 – 5 hours
Average High/Low Temperature (°F) – Vicksburg
Mar 72°/45° Apr 78°/52° May 84°/61° Sep 88°/65° Oct 79°/64° Nov 69°/45°
Average Rainfall (in.) – Vicksburg
Mar 6.8 Apr 5.6 May 5.4 Sep 3.3 Oct 3.8 Nov 5.0
E-Bikes Available on this tour.
Limited quantities — first come, first served. Learn more.
- 5 nights in historic, antebellum inns
- 11 meals – 5 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners
- FREE use of our custom VBT bicycle and helmet
- Service of two VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Daily route directions and maps
- Welcome reception
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- Guided tour of the Vicksburg National Military Park
- 4-course candlelight dinner at Monmouth Historic Inn
- Tour of the USS Cairo Museum
- Guided tours of three antebellum homes in Natchez
- 5% Frequent Traveler Credit to use on your next VBT vacation. See details.