Bike with a Boost — E-Bikes available for no additional charge on most tours!
Available for FREE on most VBT vacations, our electric-assisted E-bikes provide extra help whenever you want it—riding uphill, extending your range at the end of a long day, or simply letting you ride together with partners of different abilities. E-bikes work with your own pedaling, silently reading your exertion and augmenting it. Now, you can go faster and farther!
Our E-Bike Fleet
We currently offer the Fuji Traverse E-Bike on our tours. Please note, bikes are available on a first come, first serve basis.
Fuji Traverse E-Bike
The Traverse comes in two frame styles, with options for riders from 4’8″ – 6’3″.
Step-Through Electric-Assisted Bicycle (E-bike)
The Step-Through E-bike has upright handlebars and the same gearing as our other upright-bikes. The low top tube makes it easy to mount the bike without swinging your leg over the bike’s rear.
Why an E-Bike?
- Allows a couple of mixed ability to ride together
- Opens up hillier destinations
- Allows you to see more of the destination by extending your range each day
- Same great bikes that we’ve offered, with the addition of electric assist
- You still pedal, and feel the reward at the end of a day’s riding
- Clean, efficient, noiseless and easy to operate
- Our riding staff have fallen for E-bikes, big time!
- They’re included in the cost of your trip
How Does it Work?
- An electric motor assists the rider’s pedaling
- It only boosts your own effort, reading your exertion and adding power. There is no throttle
- You can choose from multiple levels of assist and have the option for zero assist
Good to Know:
- If you choose an E-bike (which is heavier than a non-assist version), you will have it for the entire trip. If you are used to riding a higher-performance lightweight bike, you may prefer to choose such a bike and take advantage of our on-tour van transport for the uphill stretches.
- While the electric assist will ensure that you get up that hill, an E-bike does not make up for the need to be a practiced and comfortable rider. Operators of E-bikes must be capable of and comfortable with all of the usual aspects of bike operation including mounting/dismounting, starting/stopping, pedaling, shifting gears, balancing and maneuvering in varying traffic and road conditions.
- You may wish to rent an E-bike from your local bike shop for a day to determine if it’s right for you. We think you’ll agree that they’re great!