Bike with a boost — E-bikes available on even more tours for 2019!
Available for FREE on over 50 VBT vacations, our electric- assisted E-bikes provide extra help whenever you want it—riding uphill, extending your range at the end of a long day, or simply letting you ride together with partners of different abilities. E-bikes work with your own pedaling, silently reading your exertion and augmenting it. Now, you can go faster and farther!
Our E-Bike Fleet
We currently offer the Fuji Traverse E-Bike on our tours. Please note, bikes are available on a first come, first serve basis.
Fuji Traverse E-Bike
The Traverse comes in two frame styles, with options for riders from 4’8″ – 6’3″.
Why an E-Bike?
- Allows a couple of mixed ability to
- Opens up hillier destinations
- Allows you to see more of the destination by extending your range each day
- Same great bikes that we’ve offered, with the addition of electric assist
- You still pedal, and feel the reward at the end of a day’s riding
- Clean, efficient, noiseless and
easy to operate
- Our riding staff have fallen for E-bikes, big time!
- They’re included in the cost of your trip
How Does it Work?
- An electric motor assists the rider’s pedaling
- It only boosts your own effort, reading your exertion and adding power. There is no throttle
- You can choose from multiple levels of assist and have the option for zero assist
Good to Know:
- If you choose an E-bike (which is heavier than a non-assist version), you will have it for the entire trip. If you are used to riding a higher-performance lightweight bike, you may prefer to choose such a bike and take advantage of our on-tour van transport for the uphill stretches.
- While the electric assist will ensure that you get up that hill, an E-bike does not make up for the need to be a practiced and comfortable rider. Operators of E-bikes must be capable of and comfortable with all of the usual aspects of bike operation including mounting/dismounting, starting/stopping, pedaling, shifting gears, balancing and maneuvering in varying traffic and road conditions.
- You may wish to rent an E-bike from your local bike shop for a day to determine if it’s right for you. We think you’ll agree that they’re great!
Our Travelers Rave About E-Bikes
You have to do this!
I wasn’t sure I would be able to do this ride. But I had no problem at all. I used an e-bike and kept up with the group and had a ball! Everyone on the ride was wonderful and fun to be with. If you aren’t sure you might be up for a ride through Spain, think again. Anyone can do it using an e-bike. I can’t wait to do my next trip!! Hum, where shall I go?
Linder, San Francisco, CA
This was my first VBT bicycling tour and it was fabulous. The bicycling was marvelous and I would recommend an e-bike to other travelers as it allowed me to ride further and with less discomfort than I would have otherwise experienced. I will definitely book another VBT tour in the near future.
Kerin, Aiken, SC
Confidence with E-Bikes
We are almost 70 years old and were very interested in the E-bikes. Even though the trip was rated easy, knowing we had the E-bikes gave us the extra incentive to take this trip.
Linda, Seattle, WA
We are regular riders and chose to ride e-bikes and felt it was the best decision we could have made. Because of the size of the group there were extra e-bikes available and three others in the group switched after day one. The e-bike made the uphills no more challenging than our rides back in New England. The long switchback filled downhills were a total delight as the BionX system allows you to shift into negative power and like a car in first gear, holds you back with minimal braking. We got to sit back and enjoy the view!
Annie, North Conway, NH
Up, up and away!
We chose this trip for the wonderful locale AND the e-bikes. They were liberating. You still have to pedal, but the bike gives you an extra boost to get up the rolling hills. This leveled the playing field for us, so we could keep up with younger, more experienced cyclists and get our full share of joy in biking the wine country. The e-bikes — and our outstanding guides — enabled us to take a full measure of pride in cycling more than 160 miles in 6 days, our biggest trip ever.
Cheryl, Saint Paul, MN
E-Bike was terrific
On our trip we experienced beautiful country roads going through and around small medieval Spanish villages. The e-bike was terrific. I felt somewhat guilty enjoying the slight uphills which were a breeze. It’s possible to break a sweat or not on this trip with an e-bike.
Nancy, Arlington, VA