Cape Cod & Martha's Vineyard
Dramatic cliffs crowned with historic lighthouses … quaint gingerbread cottages and thriving artists’ colonies … a picturesque rail trail with sweeping views of sea and shore … the taste of salt air and salt water as you swim in the sea … these are just a few of the pleasures that await you in an idyllic escape that has drawn everyone from sun worshippers to Presidents. This well-crafted itinerary also features handpicked accommodations that put you at the heart of the region you’ve come to see.
- Cycle the lovely Cape Cod Rail Trail, among the finest on the East Coast
- Delight in views of Nauset Marsh at the Salt Pond Visitors Center
- Enjoy 5 nights at renowned resort inns, with plenty of time for recreation
- Cycle through the Cape Cod National Seashore, gathering for a picnic lunch
- Discover historic East Chop Lighthouse, on Martha’s Vineyard
- Share a picnic lunch in West Tisbury, historically the agricultural heartland of the island
- Pedal along the Vineyard’s State Beach bike path
- Admire the work of Vineyard Haven’s wonderful artisans
- Cycle through beautiful Cornelius State Forest
- Ride by breathtaking Aquinnah cliffs and through Menemsha village
What to Expect
This tour offers mostly easy terrain with the occasional rolling hill and the opportunity for some longer moderate rides. Our VBT van support shuttle is always available throughout the trip. During peak season, roughly July 1 to August 25, there is more traffic on the Cape and Islands, but you will get to experience the best weather and have the opportunity to explore lively bike paths, beaches, shops, and restaurants.
Average Daily Mileage: 18 – 62 miles
Average Cycling Time: 2 – 4 1/2 hours
Average High/Low Temperature (°F) – Edgartown
May 64°/46° Jun 73°/56° Jul 79°/62° Aug 78°/61° Sep 72°/55° Oct 63°/45°
Average Precipitation (in.) – Edgartown
May 3.8 Jun 3.2 Jul 2.8 Aug 4.1 Sep 3.6 Oct 3.8
- 5 nights in ocean-side resorts
- 10 meals – 5 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
- FREE use of our custom VBT bicycle and helmet
- Service of two VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Daily route directions and maps
- Welcome reception
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- 5% Frequent Traveler Credit to use on your next VBT vacation. See details.
- Special Good Buy Discount
Click here to download our Suggested Reading List.