Cape Cod & Martha's Vineyard
Join VBT on a perennial favorite and cycle easy paths and the Cape’s famous Rail Trail to scenic lighthouses, gingerbread cottages, artists’ colonies, and tranquil beaches. Along the way, serene marshes, sweeping dunes, and breathtaking shores are your backdrop. During one scenic spin after another, refreshing salt air and ocean breezes invigorate. Unspoiled seashores and protected wetlands inspire. And freshly caught seafood nourishes your every moment. Join us!
- Ride the Cape Cod Rail Trail along lovely vistas
- Stop at Salt Pond Visitors Center for views of Nauset Marsh
- Pause for a picnic lunch along the Cape Cod National Seashore
- Enjoy a tour and cheese tasting at The Grey Barn and Farm in West Tisbury
- Take a spin on the Vineyard’s State Beach bike path
- Browse the handicrafts of Vineyard Haven’s wonderful artisans
- Cycle the pastoral pathways of Correllus State Forest
- Pedal along the soaring Aquinnah cliffs and through Menemsha village
What to Expect
This tour offers mostly easy terrain with the occasional rolling hill and the opportunity for some longer moderate rides. Our VBT van support shuttle is always available throughout the trip. During peak season, roughly July 1 to August 25, there is more traffic on the Cape and Islands, but you will get to experience the best weather and have the opportunity to explore lively bike paths, beaches, shops, and restaurants.
Average Daily Mileage: 18 – 62 miles
Average Cycling Time: 2 – 4 1/2 hours
Average High/Low Temperature (°F) – Edgartown
May 64°/46° Jun 73°/56° Jul 79°/62° Aug 78°/61° Sep 72°/55° Oct 63°/45°
Average Precipitation (in.) – Edgartown
May 3.8 Jun 3.2 Jul 2.8 Aug 4.1 Sep 3.6 Oct 3.8
E-Bikes Available on this tour.
Limited quantities — first come, first served. Learn more.
- 2 nights at a renowned resort and 3 nights in a quintessential island inn
- 10 meals – 5 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
- FREE use of our custom VBT bicycle and helmet
- Service of two VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Daily route directions and maps
- Welcome reception
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- 5% Frequent Traveler Credit to use on your next VBT vacation. See details.