Poland: Cycling through the Old World
Centuries-old traditions and warm hospitality are hallmarks of this pocket of central Europe, and you’ll experience it up close on this uniquely rewarding VBT vacation. We’ll picnic on the lawn of a splendid palace, ride a horse and buggy through a historic Old Town, and roll through the fertile orchards of the “Tuscany of Poland.” VBT also takes you below ground, to medieval merchant cellars and the fabulous Wieliczka Salt Mines. Along the way, we’ll savor the flavors of Poland, from mead and vodka tastings to a cooking demonstration, as we discover why Poland and her people are among the best-kept secrets in Europe.
• Shop for a picnic at a local farmers’ market
• Explore the ruins of the 16th-century Janowiec Castle
• Tour the quaint village of Kazimierz Dolny
• Lunch at one of the most beautiful residences in Poland
• Join a local guide for a tour of Sandomierz—underground!
• Roll through the fields and orchards of the “Tuscany of Poland”
• Learn how to make a traditional dessert
• Sip Sandomierski mead, brewed only here
• Cycle through the nature reserves of Niepolomice Forest
• Take a private tour of the Wieliczka Salt Mines
• Enjoy a tasting of Polish vodka
• Ride a horse and buggy through Krakow’s Old Town
What to Expect
This tour offers easy terrain throughout the trip and is ideal for beginning cyclists. There are longer options with slight hills for the more experienced cyclists.
Average Daily Mileage: 9 – 34 miles
Average Cycling Time: 2 – 4 hours
Average High/Low Temperature (°F) – Warsaw
May 65º/47º Jun 70º/52º Jul 73º/55º Aug 73º/54º Sep 64º/47º Oct 54º/40º
Average Precipitation (in.) – Warsaw
May 2 Jun 2.5 Jul 3 Aug 3 Sep 2 Oct 1.5
Bicycle Vacation Only – without Air
- 6 nights in 3- and 4-star hotels and a renovated 17th-century granary
- 11 meals – 6 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners
Air Package Plus
- Roundtrip international airfare
- 8 nights in 3-, 4- and 5-star hotels and a renovated 17th- century granary
- 13 meals – 8 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners
- AND the option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extensions: Pre-trip: Warsaw – 2 nights for only $245 • Post-trip: Krakow – 2 nights for only $245
Both Vacation Options Include
- Free use of our custom VBT bicycle and helmet
- Service of two bilingual VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Daily route directions and maps
- Welcome reception
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- Special Good Buy Discount
- 5% Frequent Traveler Credit to use on your next VBT vacation. See details.
New! Reading List
Click here to download our Suggested Reading List.