Cape Cod & Martha's Vineyard
Join VBT to experience authentic New England charm and cycle along the scenic and peaceful Cape Cod Rail Trail, dine on freshly caught seafood, and browse colorful boutiques and art galleries of sleepy coastal villages that burst with life in the summer months. A ferry to Martha’s Vineyard whisks us away to an island getaway where we’ll meet local artisans, enjoy a bike route dotted with 19th century gingerbread cottages, fishing villages, and dramatic beach-top cliffs before retiring to our relaxing harborside inn.
- Ride along the scenic Cape Cod National Seashore and learn about local ecology at the Salt Pond Visitor Center
- Board “Chappy”—the small ferry that services Chappaquiddick Island—and visit the island’s infamous Dike Bridge and Mytoi Japanese Garden
- Explore the colorful, 19th century era gingerbread cottages and of Oak Bluffs, a historic summer community
- Dine on classic New England fare like clam chowder and freshly caught fish
- View the breathtaking Aquinnah Cliffs from the beach below or the iconic lighthouse that sits atop them
What to Expect
This tour offers mostly easy terrain with the occasional rolling hill and the opportunity for some longer rides. Our VBT van support shuttle is always available throughout the trip. During peak season, roughly July 4 to August 21, there is more traffic on the Cape and Islands, but you will experience the best weather and have the opportunity to explore lively bike paths, beaches, shops and restaurants.
Average Daily Mileage: 18 – 62 miles
Average Cycling Time: 2 – 4 1/2 hours
- 5 nights in historic New England inns
- 10 meals – 5 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
- FREE use of our custom VBT bicycle and helmet
- Service of two VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Daily route directions and maps
- Welcome reception
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- Ride to and visit the Cape Cod National Seashore's main visitor facility - Salt Pond Visitor Center
- 5% Frequent Traveler Credit to use on your next VBT vacation
- Special Good Buy Discount
- The option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extension: Pre-trip: Boston – 2 nights for only $345*
*Please note: For those traveling in 2015, the Pre-trip Boston is $395.