Spain’s Costa Brava: Cycling Dali’s Landscapes
Castle-crowned villages alternate with pastoral scenes of fertile fields and coastal vistas as you roll beneath the backdrop of the Pyrenees. And as you discover the land that inspired artist Salvador Dali, you’ll also meet its modern-day residents in farms and orchards, and gain a different perspective on a private scenic cruise. Off the bike, relax in 4-star accommodations with generous amenities. Come join us on an itinerary that’s truly a masterpiece!
- Embark on a walking tour of the Old Town of Girona.
- Bear witness to the personal life of artist Salvador Dali during a visit to Púbol Castle, his beloved home.
- Pedal a rural landscape past fields of sunflowers, fruit orchards and rice fields.
- Stroll the cobbled streets of Pals, admiring the town’s Gothic and Romanesque architecture.
- View the artists’ galleries and 11th-century castle of Peratallada, a moated town built of stone.
- Pause in a lovely apple orchard to learn about cider production.
- Savor a delicious, home-grown lunch as the guest of a small Catalonian farm.
- Enjoy the breeze as you stroll the beachside cycling path from your hotel in L’Escala.
- Admire one of the finest amphitheaters outside of Rome on a guided audio tour of the Greek and Roman ruins of Empuries.
- Enjoy a scenic private cruise along the Costa Brava.
- Toast your travel mates with some of Catalonia’s finest wines during a festive farewell dinner.
What to Expect
This tour offers easy terrain throughout the trip and is ideal for beginning cyclists; however, there may be some challenging hills for non-enthusiastic riders. VBT’s van support shuttle is always available for those who would like assistance. Some roads may have busier traffic during the popular months of June and first two weeks of September.
Average Daily Mileage: 15 – 35 miles
Average Cycling Time: 2 – 4 hours
Average High/Low Temperature (°F) – Barcelona
Mar 61°/44° Apr 61°/44° May 64°/47° Jun 69°/54° Sep 78°/62° Oct 71°/55°
Average Precipitation (in.) – Barcelona
Mar 1.6 Apr 1.9 May 2.3 Jun 1.6 Sep 3.4 Oct 3.6
E-Bikes Available on this tour.
Limited quantities — first come, first served. Learn more.
Bicycle Vacation Only – Without Air
- 6 nights in 4-star hotels
- 13 meals – 6 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners
Air Package Plus
- Roundtrip international airfare
- 6 nights in 4-star hotels
- PLUS: 1 extra night in Girona and 1 extra night in Barcelona in 4- star hotels (Note: Post-trip Extension guests will overnight in Mallorca instead of Barcelona at the end of their base trip.)
- 15 meals – 8 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners
- All overseas transfers
- AND the option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extensions:
Both Vacations Include
- FREE use of our custom VBT bicycle and helmet — New E-Bikes available
- Service of two bilingual VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Welcome reception
- Daily route directions and maps
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- Earn 5% Frequent Traveler Credit on this tour to use on a future VBT vacation. See details.