Yellowstone & Grand Teton: Walking America’s Wilderness
The rugged beauty of the Grand Teton Mountains and of Yellowstone, the enduring majesty and epic scale, the endless panoply of brilliant color and the dancing interplay of light and shadow—none of these can be experienced except in person. And when you enter these extraordinary cathedrals of nature, you will understand their profound and uniquely American meaning. Explore the Tetons, raft the Snake River, hike Yellowstone, walk canyon rims, and savor waterfalls, wildlife, and panoramic vistas like none other on Earth. All while delighting in two nights in Jackson and three nights in historic lodges set right inside this never-to-be-forgotten national park.
• Enjoy 2 nights in Jackson and 3 nights in historic, distinctively designed in-park lodges
• Walk along Jenny Lake to Hidden Falls, with an eye out for wildlife in the Grand Tetons
• Ferry across the lake for lunch at a beautiful overlook
• Board a raft for a 13-mile cruise along the Snake River
• Have the opportunity take an optional guided fly-fishing trip
• Admire Lake Yellowstone after hiking through old-growth pine
• Walk along the rim of the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone
• Enjoy lunch while savoring views of the yawning canyon
• Hike over Firehole River to the Midway Geyser basin
• Marvel at the eruption of the magnificent Old Faithful geyser
What To Expect
This tour features fairly easy terrain, with some gradual climbs and spectacular views. You’ll walk on a variety of surfaces, including dirt trails and paved roads. On rainy days the footpaths can be muddy and slippery. Both morning and afternoon walking options are available on most days. This tour is ideal for both enthusiastic beginners and experienced walkers. Our VBT support vehicle is available at specific meeting points for those who need assistance. Several of the walks require a transfer from your hotel to the start of the walk.
Average Daily Mileage: 2 – 6 miles
Average Walking Time: 2 – 4 hours
Average High/Low Temperature (°F) – Yellowstone
Aug 71°/37° Sep 61°/30°
Average Precipitation (in.) – Yellowstone
Aug 1.5 Sep 1.5
• 2 nights in Jackson and 3 nights at historic in-park lodges
• 11 meals – 5 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners
• FREE use of VBT walking poles
• Service of two VBT Trip Leaders
• On-tour vehicle support
• Daily route directions and maps
• Welcome reception
• Sightseeing and cultural activities
• Admission to Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks
• Special Good Buy Discount
• 5% Frequent Traveler Credit to use on your next VBT vacation. See details.
New! Reading List
Click here to download our Suggested Reading List.