Journey through Vietnam
With an unforgettable blend of bustle and reverie, color and contemplation, Vietnam makes an indelible impression on travelers, who never fail to find the Vietnamese people warmly hospitable, genuinely curious, and always ready to share their lives. We’ll cycle along the Perfume River, through rice fields and farms, on beach roads and through fishing villages. Our senses will be gloriously filled with the movement and magic of daily life. And our many experiences with local people in their treasured temples, exceptional restaurants, and heartfelt memorials will touch our spirits, making this trip an unforgettable encounter with generous, resilient humanity.
• With 9 nights in 4- and 5-star resorts, you’ll have generous time for discoveries
• Enjoy a cyclo (rickshaw) ride through Hanoi’s bustling Old Quarter
• Marvel at a delightful performance of water-puppets, an art unique to Vietnam
• Tour Hanoi to see and visit the city’s historic highlights, including Ho Chi Minh’s house and mausoleum
• Cycle along the banks of the Perfume River, with traditional sampans and houseboats
• Board a boat for a relaxing river cruise, then discover the Imperial Citadel
• Cycle through quiet rural villages to lovely Thien Mu Pagoda
• Explore the Imperial City and the Forbidden Purple City on a walking tour
• Cycle the coastal roads between Hue and Hoi An, with spectacular mountain vistas
• Delight in the traditional fishing boats and family temples as you cycle along the Thu Bon River
What to Expect
This tour offers easy terrain throughout the trip and is suitable for beginning cyclists and ideal for regular recreational cyclists. Roads are carefully selected but in general are not of the same standard as in Europe or the U.S.
Average Daily Mileage: 15 – 37 miles
Average Cycling Time: 2 – 4 hours
Average High/Low Temperature (°F) – Hanoi
Jan 66º/58º Feb 67º/60º Mar 72º/65º Oct 82º/73º Nov 76º/66º Dec 71º/60º
Average Precipitation (in.) – Hanoi
Jan .5 Feb 1 Mar 1.5 Oct 4 Nov 1.5 Dec 1
Bicycle Vacation Only – without Air
- 9 nights in 4- and 5-star resorts
- 22 meals – 9 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 5 dinners
Air Package Plus
- Roundtrip international airfare
- 12 nights: 10 nights in 4- and 5-star resorts and two nights in flight
- 23 meals – 10 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 5 dinners
- The option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extensions: Pre-trip: Halong Bay – 2 nights (1 night in Hanoi and 1 night in Halong Bay) for only $595* • Post-trip: Angkor Wat, Cambodia – 3 nights for only $895*
*Please note: For those traveling in 2018, Pre-trip extension: Bangkok, Thailand – 2 nights from only $645-$1,145. Post-trip: Angkor Wat, Cambodia – 3 nights for only $1,095.
Both Vacations Include
- FREE use of our VBT bicycle and helmet
- Service of two bilingual VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Daily route directions and maps
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- Special Good Buy Discount
- 5% Frequent Traveler Credit to use on your next VBT vacation. See details.
Click here to download our Suggested Reading List.