Journey through Vietnam
With an unforgettable blend of bustle and reverie, color and contemplation, Vietnam makes an indelible impression on travelers, who never fail to find the Vietnamese people warmly hospitable, genuinely curious, and always ready to share their lives. We’ll cycle along the Perfume River, through rice fields and farms, on beach roads and through fishing villages. Our senses will be gloriously filled with the movement and magic of daily life. And our many experiences with local people in their treasured temples, exceptional restaurants, and heartfelt memorials will touch our spirits, making this trip an unforgettable encounter with generous, resilient humanity.
- Cycle the banks of the Perfume River, lined with colorful sampans and houseboats.
- Discover Hoi An’s Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, on a walking tour.
- Delight in an enchanting water-puppet performance, a uniquely Vietnamese art form.
- Ride in a cyclo through the bustling Old Quarter, filled with vendors and shoppers.
- Visit Saigon, Imperial City, the Forbidden Purple City, and Non Nuoc village.
- Explore the underground passageways of the dramatic Cu Chi tunnels.
- Pedal in the lush landscape of the Mekong Delta, thick with orange and mango trees.
What to Expect
This tour offers easy terrain throughout the trip and is suitable for beginning cyclists and ideal for regular recreational cyclists. Roads are carefully selected but in general are not of the same standard as in Europe or the U.S.
Average Daily Mileage: 15 – 35 miles
Average Cycling Time: 2 – 4 hours
Average High/Low Temperature (°F) – Hanoi
Jan 66º/58º Feb 67º/60º Mar 72º/65º Oct 82º/73º Nov 76º/66º Dec 71º/60º
Average Precipitation (in.) – Hanoi
Jan .5 Feb 1 Mar 1.5 Oct 4 Nov 1.5 Dec 1
Bicycle Tour Only – without Air
- 9 nights in 4- and 5-star resorts
- 22 meals – 9 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 5 dinners
Air Package Plus
- Roundtrip international airfare
- 12 nights: 10 nights in 4- and 5-star resorts and two nights in flight
- 23 meals – 10 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 5 dinners
- The option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extensions: Pre-trip: Halong Bay – 2 nights (1 night in Hanoi and 1 night in Halong Bay) for only $595 • Post-trip: Angkor Wat, Cambodia – 3 nights for only $895