Croatia: The Dalmatian Islands
VBT’s unique itinerary carries you into the heart of the Croatian lifestyle, as you dine with two families in their homes, visit a rare stone-cutting school, enjoy cooking demonstration, language lessons, sip Croatian wine and more. And balance your cycling time with ample opportunities to swim or simply relax and enjoy the amenities of our wonderful, hand-picked accommodations.
- Cycle along the harbor of Postira, a beautiful village nestled between ocean and hill, and embraced by centuries-old olive fields and pine groves.
- Enjoy views of the mainland across the water as you spin through quaint villages along a Brac Island coastal road.
- Visit one of the world’s last remaining stonecutting schools.
- Learn a few essential phrases during a Croatian language lesson.
- Connect with daily life in this stunningly beautiful region during two home-hosted meals.
- Behold breathtaking views from Vidova Gora, the “summit of the Adriatic.”
- See how Brac Island settlements evolved from simple shepherds’ homes.
- Take a dip in the Adriatic from Zlatni Rat, Croatia’s most famous beach.
- Discover secrets of Croatian cuisine during a cooking demonstration.
- Visit a unique fortified church in the harbor town of Vrboska.
- Breeze through verdant countrysides of rolling fields, stone villages and port towns.
What to Expect
This tour offers a combination of rolling terrain and moderate-to-challenging hills and is ideal for energetic beginners to experienced cyclists. Our VBT support van is always available for those who would like it.
Average Daily Mileage: 13 – 35 miles
Average Cycling Time: 2 – 5 hours
Average High/Low Temperature (°F) – Split
April 63°/48° May 71°/56° Jun 79°/63° Jul 85°/67° Aug 84°/67° Sep 78°/61° Oct 69°/54°
Average Precipitation (in.) – Split
April 2.4 May 2.4 Jun 1.9 Jul 1.1 Aug 1.7 Sep 2.6 Oct 3.4
E-Bikes Available on this tour.
Limited quantities — first come, first served. Learn more.
Bicycle Vacation Only – without Air
- 6 nights in 3- and 4-star hotels
- 12 meals – 6 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 4 dinners
Air Package Plus
- Roundtrip international airfare
- 6 nights in 3- and 4- and 5-star hotels
PLUS: 1 extra night in Trogir and
1 extra night in Split in 3- and 5- star hotels
- 14 meals – 8 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 4 dinners
- ALL overseas Transfers
- AND the option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extension:
Pre-trip: Dubrovnik – 3 nights from only $545-$945*
Post-trip: Split – 2 nights for only $295
Both Vacation Options Include
- FREE use of our custom VBT bicycle and helmet — New E-Bikes available
- Service of two bilingual VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Daily route directions and maps
- Welcome reception with local brandy and hors d’oeuvres
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- Earn 5% Frequent Traveler Credit on this tour to use on a future VBT vacation. See details.