The Amalfi Coast & Capri
In a country of extraordinary beauty, no landscape is more thrilling or serene than the Amalfi Coast, where towering limestone cliffs stand against an endless turquoise ocean and an endless azure sky. Pastel-washed villages are sculpted into hillsides. The air is filled with the scent of lemon groves. Cascading flower gardens spill their bounty at every turn. On VBT’s most popular walking vacation, together we’ll braid fresh mozzarella, explore the ruins of Pompeii, and walk paths that delight and inspire on the lush isle of Capri, the forested Lattari Mountains, and the breathtaking terraced perches of Ravello.
- Discover the world-renowned 2,000-year-old volcanic ruins of Pompeii in the company of a local expert.
- Walk the forested Alta via dei Monti Lattari trail leading to thrilling, expansive views of the Gulf of Salerno.
- Savor lunch at a family owned organic farm, where we’ll learn how to braid fresh mozzarella in a hands-on demonstration.
- Amble among the spectacular villas and manicured gardens on the legendary isle of Capri.
- Roam the dramatic terraces of Ravello, where artists have found inspiration for centuries.
- Enjoy traditional Neapolitan dishes, including wood-fired pizza, and a breathtaking panorama at a family-run trattoria.
- Learn the ancient craft of papermaking in Amalfi, whose exquisite paper has been prized since the Renaissance.
- Trek the “Path of the Gods” in Agerola, where the vista includes the ocean home of the mythical Sirens.
- Share a picnic lunch after a walk through a chestnut forest on our down a hillside trail to lovely Positano.
What to Expect
This tour features a combination of paved roads and easy terrain, mixed with moderate hills, uneven footpaths on downhill slopes, and cobbled steps. On rainy days the footpaths can be muddy and steps can be slippery. Our VBT support van is available at specific meeting points for those who need assistance. Both morning and afternoon walking options are available most days. Ideal for experienced walkers and enthusiastic beginners. Several of the walks require a transfer from our hotel to the start of the walk. Our tour leaders often use this time in the van for our morning route review, so we can enjoy a more leisurely morning at breakfast.
Average Daily Temperature (°F) – Naples
Mar 60° Apr 64° May 72° Jun 79° Jul 85° Aug 85° Sep 80° Oct 71° Nov 62° Dec 56°
Average Rainfall (in.) – Naples
Mar 3.0 Apr 3.0 May 2.0 Jun 1.5 Jul .9 Aug 1.2 Sep 3.1 Oct 5.2 Nov 5.0 Dec 4.7
Walking Tour Only – without Air
- 6 nights in 4- and 5 star hotels and villas
- 12 meals – 6 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners
Air Package Plus
- 8 nights in 4- and 5 star hotels and villas
- 14 meals – 8 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners
- Roundtrip international airfare
- And the option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extensions: Pre-trip: Naples – 2 nights for only $345 • Post-trip: Rome – 2 nights for only $295
Both Vacation Options Include
- Service of two bilingual VBT Trip Leaders
- On-tour vehicle support
- FREE use of our custom VBT walking poles
- Daily route directions and maps
- Welcome reception
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- 5% Frequent Traveler Credit to use on your next VBT vacation
- Special Good Buy Discount