Slovenia, Austria & Italy
Surprisingly easy cycling reveals this majestic setting as you roll along tranquil rivers and emerald lakes, through mountain tunnels and national parks, and into towns that are popular with skiers and celebrities alike. Along the way, you’ll taste Italian wines, learn secrets of Slovenian cuisine, visit a farm, mingle with the locals at a pub, and enjoy our fine selection of accommodations—including one of the most luxurious and innovative hotels in the world.
- Experience three cultures on a single adventure—and even on a single day.
- Pedal easy cycling routes framed by the snow-capped Julian Alps and the rugged peaks of the Carnic Alps.
- Spin downhill on a paved rail trail through old mountain tunnels opening up on wonderful views.
- Visit the meticulously reconstructed town of Venzone, and view the famous 17th-century mummies in its Chapel of St. Michele.
- Taste the celebrated wines of Italy’s famous Friuli-Venezia Gulia wine region.
- Picture the World Cup skiers who train in this breathtaking region as you stroll the charming resort town of Kranjska Gora.
- Hoist a pint with the locals in the pub of your welcoming hotel in Podkoren.
- Pause at a local farm to sample authentic Slovenian cuisine.
- Circumnavigate Lake Bled, drinking in its extraordinary scenic splendor.
- Witness a Slovenian cooking demonstration, followed by a dinner of traditional local fare.
- Cycle through a scenic paradise of rivers and small emerald lakes set against the Alps in Austria.
- Luxuriate in a Condé Nast Traveler-acclaimed “Hot Hotel” in elegant Velden.
- Enjoy a range of cycling options around beautiful Wörthersee Lake.
What to Expect
This tour offers easy terrain throughout the trip and is ideal for beginning cyclists.
Average Daily Mileage: 15 – 35 miles
Average Cycling Time: 2 – 4 hours
Average High/Low Temperature (°F) – Salzburg
May 68º/47º Jun 72º/53º Jul 76º/56º Aug 76º/56 Sep 68º/50º Oct 59º/42º
Average Precipitation (in.) – Salzburg
May 5 Jun 7 Jul 8 Aug 7 Sep 5 Oct 3.5
E-Bikes Available on this tour.
Limited quantities — first come, first served. Learn more.
Bicycle Vacation Only – without Air
- 6 nights in 3-, 4-, and 5-star hotels
- 14 meals – 6 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners
Air Package Plus
- Roundtrip international airfare
- 6 nights in in 3-, 4-, and 5-star hotels | PLUS: 1 extra night in Ljubljana and 1 extra night in Salzburg in 4- and 5- star hotels
- 16 meals – 8 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners
- AND the option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extensions: Pre-trip: Ljubljana – 2 nights for only $295 • Post-trip: Salzburg – 2 nights from only $345-$795*
Both Vacation Options Include
- FREE use of our custom VBT bicycle and helmet — E-Bikes available with limited inventory
- Service of two bilingual VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Daily route directions and maps
- RideWithGPS route notes
- Welcome reception
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- 5% Frequent Traveler Credit to use on your next VBT vacation. See details.