Slovenia, Austria & Italy
Come with us to a fairytale region where the history and culture of three unique nations meet amid some of the most spectacular scenery on the planet. Here, centuries of history, from conquests to communism, can be seen in ancient castles, tasted in the home-cooked meals and local wines you’ll enjoy, and felt in the hospitality with which you’ll be welcomed. And all along the way, you’ll ride on easy bike paths with alpine vistas rising around you, inhaling clean mountain air as you spin past emerald lakes and golden cornfields. More challenging routes are also available, making this the perfect choice for bicyclists at all levels of experience.
- Travel easily among three fascinating countries
- Admire alpine views on an exhilarating downhill ride on a converted rail trail
- View famously well-preserved mummies at the Cathedral of St. Andrea
- Join a local expert for a tasting of Italian wines
- Perambulate around a lake with inspiring views
- Learn to prepare struklji during a cooking demonstration
- Chat with the locals at your Slovenian hotel’s pub
- Sample delicious alpine cuisine at a local farm
- Circle lovely Lake Bled by bike and climb to Bled Castle for glorious views
- Roll through a scenic paradise of rivers and emerald lakes set against a mountainous backdrop
- Stay at one of the most luxurious and innovative hotels in the world
What to Expect
This tour offers easy terrain throughout the trip and is ideal for beginning cyclists.
Average Daily Mileage: 15 – 35 miles
Average Cycling Time: 2 – 4 hours
Average Daily Temperature (°F) – Salzburg Apr 58° May 68° Jun 72° Jul 76° Aug 76° Sep 68° Oct 59° Average Rainfall (in.) – Salzburg Apr 3.7 May 5.1 Jun 6.8 Jul 7.9 Aug 6.9 Sep 5.2 Oct 3.5
Bicycle Tour Only – without Air
- 6 nights in 3-, 4- and 5-star hotels
- 14 meals – 6 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners
Air Package Plus
- Roundtrip international airfare
- 8 nights in 3-, 4- and 5-star hotels
- 16 meals – 8 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners
- AND the option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extensions: Pre-trip: Ljubljana – 2 nights for only $295* • Post-trip: Salzburg – 2 nights for only $395**
*Please note: For those traveling in 2015, the Pre-Trip Extension is $245, single supplement $195.
***Please note: For those traveling in 2015, the Post-Trip Extension is $345, single supplement $195.