Italy: Cycling the Dolomite Valleys
Ancient cities, tiny villages, cattle farms, thick woods and apple orchards dot your path. Experience the Austrian influences that infuse northern Italy as you view Tyrolean architecture, enjoy a warm local welcome and savor the unique cuisine of the Dolomites. You’ll also have the chance to immerse yourself in the rare Ladin culture in its last remaining stronghold.
- Descend a thrilling 1,775 feet on the Val Venosta Bike Path
- Pay a rare visit to the scenic home of the Ladin people
- Picnic in an alpine landscape
- Enjoy spectacular mountain views from flat and downhill bike paths
- Pedal through the Pusteria Valley, a paradise for cyclists
- Explore San Candido, an ancient South Tyrol city
- Feast on a tasty barbecue lunch in the Aurina and Tures valleys
- Stroll Brunico’s lively pedestrian zone
- View traditional masi farmhouses from the Plan de Corones plateau
- Discover the atmospheric Duomo and cloister of Bressanone on a guided tour
- Admire spellbinding landscapes as you spin through the Venosta Valley
- Indulge in the thermal baths of Terme Merano
What to Expect
This tour offers easy terrain and is suitable for beginning cyclists who are comfortable with extended downhill rides and riding on packed gravel paths. Additional miles on easy/moderate terrain offer options for more avid cyclists. Our VBT support shuttle is always available for those who need assistance with hills.
Average Daily Mileage: 15 – 45 miles
Average Cycling Time: 2 – 5 hours
Average High/Low Temperature (°F) – Piacenze – 10 miles from Cortina
May 72°/49° Jun 79°/56° Jul 79°/59° Aug 81°/61° Sep 75°/55° Oct 63°/49°
Average Precipitation (in.) – Cortina
May 2.8 Jun 2.5 Jul 1.5 Aug 2.6 Sep 2.2 Oct 2.7
E-Bikes Available on this tour.
Limited quantities — first come, first serve. Learn more.
Bicycle Vacation– without Air
- 6 nights in 4-star hotels
- 12 meals – 6 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 4 dinners
Air Package Plus
- Roundtrip international airfare
- 6 nights in 4-star hotels | PLUS: 1 extra night in Venice and 1 extra night in Verona in 4-star hotels
- 14 meals – 8 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 4 dinners
- ALL overseas transfers
- AND the option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extensions: Pre-trip: Venice – 2 nights for only $445-695* • Post-trip: Verona – 2 nights for only $345-495*
Both Vacation Options Include
- FREE use of our custom VBT bicycle and helmet
- Service of two bilingual VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Daily route directions and maps
- Welcome reception with local wine and hors d’oeuvres
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- 5% Frequent Traveler Credit to use on your next VBT vacation. See details.