Cycling Piedmont: Into Italy’s Slow Food Farmland
Ancient castles, sleepy villages and the region’s unique cascina farmhouses dot your path as you roll through breathtaking landscapes famous for their wines, cheeses and truffles. You’ll savor lunch in a vaulted wine cellar, bake pizza in a wood-fired oven, sample grappa and more. Like the Slow Food Movement that took root in this region, you’ll experience it all at a pace that lets you appreciate it fully.
- Learn about “white gold” on a truffle-hunting search with an expert and his dog
- Make delicious wood-fired pizzas at your country retreat built in 1600
- Taste the essence of Italy on a Grappa tour with a local family
- Meet engaging locals in the cantina over a glass of local Barolo red wine
- Discover sun-ripened, farm-to-table cuisine that birthed the “Slow Food” movement
- Explore hilltop villages crowned with castles and breathtaking views
- Savor sparkling Spumante wines and local delicacies in the “underground cathedral”
- Challenge yourself in the Piedmont hills and then feel good about indulging
- Relax in fine hotels, inns and country estates that radiate simple elegance and charm
What to Expect
This tour offers a combination of easy terrain mixed with moderate and challenging hills and is ideal for experienced cyclists. Our VBT van support shuttle is always available. However, if you opt to ride with a VBT e-bike (free of charge) the tour is ideal for beginners as well.
Average Daily Mileage: 15 – 45 miles
Average Cycling Time: 3 – 5 hours
Average High/Low Temperature (°F) – Turin
Apr 62º/42º May 70º/50º Jun 77º/57º Jul 82º/61º Aug 80º/60º Sep 74º/55º Oct 63º/45º
Average Precipitation (in.) – Turin
Apr 4.1 May 4.7 Jun 3.8 Jul 2.6 Aug 3.1 Sep 2.8 Oct 3.5
E-Bikes Available on this tour.
Limited quantities — first come, first served. Learn more.
Bicycle Vacation Only – without Air
- 6 nights in one agriturismo and 3- and 4-star hotels
- 12 meals – 6 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 4 dinners
Air Package Plus
- Roundtrip international airfare
- 6 nights in one agriturismo and 3-, 4-, and 5-star hotels
PLUS: 1 extra night in Turin and 1 extra night in Rapallo in 4- and 5- star hotels
- 14 meals – 8 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 4 dinners
- ALL overseas transfers
- And the option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extensions:
Pre-trip: Turin – 2 nights for only $445
Post-trip: Rapallo – 2 nights for only $295-$495*
Both Vacation Options Include
- FREE use of our custom VBT bicycle and helmet — E-Bikes available
- Service of two bilingual VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Daily route directions and maps
- Welcome reception with local wine and hors d’oeuvres
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- Earn 5% Frequent Traveler Credit on this tour to use on a future VBT vacation. See details.