Burgundy: The Wine Route
If you’ve always dreamed of cycling pastoral bikeways along lazy canals, nourished along the way by fine French cuisine and some of the world’s most beloved wines, then dream no more. VBT’s splendid sojourn into the heart of Burgundy feeds body and soul. You’ll trace languid waterways to famed vineyards, stop for tastings, and follow the renowned Route des Jardins, France’s beautiful Garden Route. Glimpse the lives of locals when we pause for a friendly game of pétanque with a welcoming family. And indulge in the history and renowned cuisine of two of France’s culinary capitals, Lyon and Dijon.
- Cycle through Burgundy’s famous vineyards, including a stretch listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site between Beaune and Dijon.
- Play pétanque and enjoy dessert at a local home
- Tour the famous 15th-century Hospices de Beaune
- Explore the protected historic buildings of Dijon
- Trace the Garden Route along the Canal de Bourgogne
- Celebrate over dinner at a Dijon restaurant
- Cycle to the village with a name that is linked worldwide to dry white wine: Chardonnay.
- Enjoy wine tasting at La Banque des Grands Crus
What to Expect
This tour offers a combination of easy terrain mixed with moderate hills. Our VBT van support shuttle is always available for those who need assistance. Ideal for beginning and experienced cyclists alike.
Average Daily Mileage: 16 – 35 miles
Average Cycling Time: 2.5 – 4.5 hours
Average High/LowTemperature (°F) – Lyon May 67°/50° Jun 73°/57° Jul 80°/61° Sep 72°/54° Oct 61°/47°
Average Precipitation (in.) – Lyon May 3 Jun 3.1 Jul 2.6 Sep 3 Oct 3.4
Bicycle Tour Only – without Air
- 6 nights in fine family-run or historic inns and 4-star hotels
- 11 meals – 6 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners
No Hassle Air Package Plus
- Roundtrip international airfare
- 8 nights in fine family run or historic inns and 3- or 4-star hotels
- 13 meals – 8 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners
- AND the option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extensions: Pre-trip: Lyon – 2 nights for only $295 • Post-Trip: Paris – 2 nights for only $445
Both Vacation Options Include
- FREE use of custom VBT bicycle and helmet
- Service of two bilingual VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Daily route directions and maps
- Welcome reception with your leaders and fellow travelers
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- 5% Frequent Traveler Credit to use on your next VBT vacation
- Special Good Buy Discount