Burgundy: The Wine Route
Spinning from Lyon to Dijon—two UNESCO-designated marvels—you’ll cycle a countryside bursting with grapes for the region’s celebrated wines, explore masterpieces of medieval urban planning, roll past charming stone villages and along riverbanks, and more. Of course, no visit to Burgundy is complete without its legendary food and wine, and our generous included features offer just that—from Michelin-approved dining to a picnic at a local home. Join us in this charming corner of France on a tour that’s vintage VBT!
- Cycle through the peaceful countryside that produces delicious Chardonnay wines.
- Visit a local market in Cluny, home to a 10th-century abbey.
- Pass renowned wine villages on a roll through the world-famous vineyards of the Côte de Beaune.
- Savor classic French cuisine at a Michelin-approved restaurant.
- Visit the 15th-century Hospices de Beaune, a masterpiece of flamboyant Gothic art and architecture.
- Engage with a local family during a game of pétanque and a picnic lunch at their charming summer home.
- Discover a protected city center that has inspired musicians, artists and writers for centuries in Dijon.
- Surround yourself with pastoral splendor on a roll along Burgundy’s beautiful Garden Route.
- Browse Dijon’s wealth of fascinating—and free—museums.
What to Expect
This tour offers a combination of easy terrain mixed with moderate hills. Our VBT van support shuttle is always available for those who need assistance. Ideal for beginning and experienced cyclists alike.
Average Daily Mileage: 16 – 35 miles
Average Cycling Time: 2.5 – 4.5 hours
Average High/Low Temperature (°F) – Lyon
May 67°/50° Jun 73°/57° Jul 80°/61° Aug 79°/60° Sep 72°/54° Oct 61°/47°
Average Precipitation (in.) – Lyon
May 3 Jun 3.1 Jul 2.6 Aug 3.1 Sep 3 Oct 3.4
E-Bikes Available on this tour.
Limited quantities — first come, first served. Learn more.
Bicycle Vacation Only – without Air
- 6 nights in fine family-run or historic 4- and 5-star hotels
- 11 meals – 6 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners
Air Package Plus
- Roundtrip international airfare
- 6 nights in fine family-run or historic 4- or 5-star hotels
PLUS: 1 extra night in Lyon and 1 extra night in Paris in 4- star hotels
- 13 meals – 8 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners
- ALL overseas transfers
- AND the option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extensions:
Pre-trip: Lyon – 2 nights for only $345*
Post-Trip: Paris – 2 nights for only $445
Both Vacation Options Include
- FREE use of custom VBT bicycle and helmet
- Service of two bilingual VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Daily route directions and maps
- Welcome reception with your leaders and fellow travelers
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- 5% Frequent Traveler Credit to use on your next VBT vacation. See details.