Travel & COVID-19
For 50 years, VBT has remained resilient and takes the safety of our guests seriously— it’s a top priority. We continue to monitor trusted authorities for travel and safety updates for making decisions about running our tours.
Policy Last updated: 12/15/2020. Made changes to “Will VBT Run Tours” and “Deciding Whether or Not to Cancel”
Will VBT Run Tours?
Our goal is to keep guests safe while still enabling as many people as possible to travel. For tours departing in 2021, our plan is to cancel tours 45 days prior to departure if our trusted sources advise against travel to the region, or if government restrictions make travel difficult or impossible. In that event, guests will receive a refund (minus any applicable third-party fees previously agreed to).
Of course, all guests must make their own evaluations about what feels safe to them. We respect and value that, so we’ve updated our tour cancellation policy to give our travelers more options.
No-Risk Cancellation Policy
- Receive a full refund (including your deposit!) if you cancel any 2021 departure for any reason up to 91 days before your scheduled departure. You would still be responsible for any nonrefundable fees agreed to ahead of time.
- Receive a full refund (including your deposit!) if you cancel any 2021 departure for any reason up to 121 days before your scheduled departure. You would still be responsible for any nonrefundable fees agreed to ahead of time.
Deciding Whether or Not to Cancel
Each guest’s decision on whether to travel is their own. While we are happy to share information from health authorities and clarify our policies, no one knows better than you what your personal priorities, health needs, and feelings about risk might be.
Currently, the U.S. government is advising against most international travel.
Our Trusted Sources
- The World Health Organization (WHO)
- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- The U.S. State Department
- Our local staff, partners, and regional authorities