Tuscany by the Sea
From the days of the Etruscans, maritime Tuscany has lured travelers to its fertile vineyards and valleys, refreshing seabreezes, and views that sweep out to the horizon. Indulge your senses while biking Tuscany in this unspoiled landscape, where your meals are prepared fresh from earth and sea, fields of poppies and sunflowers scroll past your gaze, history resounds in medieval villages, and sweet gelato dances on the tongue. You’ll also delight in the unique accommodations we’ve selected, offering you a glimpse of daily life, as well as the chance to unwind on a sunny terrace or refresh with a swim on this popular Tuscany bike tour.
- Stay at an agriturismo resort featured in Condé Nast Traveler
- Cycle lush Maremma Park, a World Wildlife Fund preserve
- Savor the famed Morellino and Super Tuscan wines
- Enjoy farm-to-table cuisine at Tuscan fattorie lodgings
- Swim and sunbathe at beaches along the Tyrhennian Sea
- Learn to bake Tuscan cantucci almond cookies
- Visit the Andreini family olive oil mill for a tasting
- Explore the Romanesque Castle of Saint Nicholas
- Picnic at a Maremma organic vegetable and cattle farm
- Cycle a scenic byway across Orbetello Lagoon
- Share fish and wine aboard an Orbetello Lagoon fishing boat
- Find your favorite gelati flavors during ice cream breaks
What to Expect
This tour offers a combination of easy terrain and moderate hills and is ideal for beginning and experienced cyclists. Our VBT support van is always available for those who need assistance with the hills.
Average Daily Mileage: 15 – 35 miles
Average Cycling Time: 2 – 5 hours
Average High/Low Temperature (°F) – Rome
May 72º/53º Jun 78º/60º Jul 83º/65º Aug 83º/65º Sep 79º/60º Oct 71º/54º
Average Precipitation (in.) – Rome
May 1 Jun .5 Jul .5 Aug 1.5 Sep 2.5 Oct 3.5
E-Bikes Available on this tour.
Limited quantities — first come, first serve. Learn more.
Bicycle Vacation Only – without Air
- 6 nights in 4-star country resorts
- 13 meals – 6 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners
Air Package Plus
- Roundtrip international airfare
- 8 nights in 3- and 4-star hotels and a country resort
- 15 meals – 8 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners
- AND the option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extensions: Pre-trip: Orvieto – 2 nights for only $295 • Post-trip: Rome – 2 nights for only $345
Both Vacation Options Include
- FREE use of our custom VBT bicycle and helmet — New E-Bikes available
- Service of two bilingual VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Daily route directions and maps
- Welcome reception with local wine and hors d’oeuvres
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- Special Good Buy Discount
- 5% Frequent Traveler Credit to use on your next VBT vacation. See details.
New! Reading List
Click here to download our Suggested Reading List.