Croatia: The Dalmatian Islands
Azure ocean waters, emerald-draped islands, stone-cut villages, and a rich tradition rooted in the land and the sea combine for a remarkable reel through the celebrated Dalmatian Islands. VBT’s Croatia takes you to Brac and Hvar, passing fragrant lavender fields into tiny hamlets, riding from the Adriatic’s highest peak to its most sparkling beaches and coasting into ancient fishing villages and old mountain enclaves. And you’ll witness the real Dalmatia at a stone cutters school and in the homes of locals who teach you culinary secrets and share cherished family recipes.
- Ride through fig, pomegranate groves and olive groves and villages bursting with bougainvillea
- Soak up the Mediterranean lifestyle on two seductive islands: Hvar and Brac
- Prepare Croatian recipes with a local family in their home and dine together
- Cool off in the crystal blue waters of the Adriatic Sea with many swimming stops along the way
- Sample delicious Mediterranean cuisine and fresh seafood like oysters, green tagliatelle with sweet shrimp, grilled squid and seafood risotto
- Tour Diocletian’s 2,000 year old imperial retirement palace built from local snowwhite limestone, the same material used for the U.S. White House
- Observe young students in action at one of the few stone cutting and carving schools that teaches this ancient art
- Enjoy local wines, ice cream and coffee drinks at palm-shaded promenades along bustling yacht harbors
What to Expect
This tour offers a combination of rolling terrain and moderate-to-challenging hills and is ideal for energetic beginners to experienced cyclists. Our VBT support van is always available for those who would like it.
Average Daily Mileage: 13 – 35 miles
Average Cycling Time: 2 – 5 hours
Average High/Low Temperature (°F) – Split
April 63°/48° May 71°/56° Jun 79°/63° Jul 85°/67° Aug 84°/67° Sep 78°/61° Oct 69°/54°
Average Precipitation (in.) – Split
April 2.4 May 2.4 Jun 1.9 Jul 1.1 Aug 1.7 Sep 2.6 Oct 3.4
E-Bikes Available on this tour.
Limited quantities — first come, first serve. Learn more.
Bicycle Vacation Only – without Air
- 6 nights in 3- and 4-star hotels
- 12 meals – 6 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 4 dinners
Air Package Plus
- Roundtrip international airfare
- 6 nights in 3- and 4- and 5-star hotels
PLUS: 1 extra night in Trogir and
1 extra night in Split in 3- and 5- star hotels
- 14 meals – 8 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 4 dinners
- ALL overseas Transfers
- AND the option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extension:
Pre-trip: Dubrovnik – 3 nights from only $495-$845*
Post-trip: Split – 2 nights for only $245
Both Vacation Options Include
- FREE use of our custom VBT bicycle and helmet — New E-Bikes available
- Service of two bilingual VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Daily route directions and maps
- Welcome reception with local brandy and hors d’oeuvres
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- 5% Frequent Traveler Credit to use on your next VBT vacation. See details.