Croatia: The Dalmatian Islands
Spectacular scenery, an easygoing lifestyle, and centuries-old traditions are yours to discover on a delightful itinerary on which the sparkling Adriatic is never far from view. Multiple-night stays at each of two coveted islands give you plenty of time to enjoy the countryside, admire breathtaking panoramas, and swim in crystal-clear waters—all at a leisurely pace designed to let you take it all in. You’ll also immerse yourself in the local culture, as you discover the ancient art of stonecutting, savor authentic Croatian cuisine on two home-hosted visits, and more. Available to small groups only, this perennially popular VBT vacation fills up quickly, so reserve your space right away!
- Visit one of the world’s few remaining stonecutting schools
- Witness daily life over dinner in a local home
- Admire stunning views from Vidova Gora, the summit of the Adriatic
- Swim in crystal-clear water from Croatia’s most famous beach
- Explore Hvar, one of the world’s most beautiful islands
- Learn Croatian cooking techniques during a home-hosted dinner
- Spin past fields of poppies, rosemary, and lavender
- Visit fishing ports and quaint mountain villages
What to Expect
This tour offers a combination of rolling terrain and moderate-to-challenging hills. Our VBT support van is always available for those who need assistance. Ideal for energetic beginners to experienced cyclists.
Average Daily Mileage: 13 – 35 miles
Average Cycling Time: 2 – 5 hours
Average High/Low Temperature (°F) – Split
May 71°/56° Jun 79°/63° Jul 85°/67° Aug 84°/67° Sep 78°/61° Oct 69°/54°
Average Precipitation (in.) – Split
May 2.4 Jun 1.9 Jul 1.1 Aug 1.7 Sep 2.6 Oct 3.4
E-Bikes Available on this tour.
Limited quantities — first come, first serve. Learn more.
Bicycle Vacation Only – without Air
- 6 nights in 3- and 4-star hotels
- 12 meals – 6 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 4 dinners
Air Package Plus
- Roundtrip international airfare
- 8 nights in 3- and 4- and 5-star hotels
- 14 meals – 8 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 4 dinners
- AND the option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extension: Pre-trip: Dubrovnik – 3 nights for only $695 • Post-trip: Split – 2 nights for only $245
Both Vacation Options Include
- FREE use of our custom VBT bicycle and helmet — New E-Bikes available
- Service of two bilingual VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Daily route directions and maps
- Welcome reception with local brandy and hors d’oeuvres
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- Special Good Buy Discount
- 5% Frequent Traveler Credit to use on your next VBT vacation. See details.
New! Reading List
Click here to download our Suggested Reading List.