Vermont: Champlain Valley & Islands
On tranquil islands that seem made for cycling, you will take in breathtaking vistas of the Green Mountains and the Adirondacks. On the mainland, experience the small-city hospitality and culture of Burlington, the fascinating history chronicled at the famed Shelburne Museum, and the vibrant resort and alpine feel of Stowe. Wineries, scenic picnics, and magnificent panoramas of farmland make this diverse Vermont bicycle sojourn truly memorable!
- Cycle the quiet back roads of the Isle La Motte
- Explore historic St. Anne’s Shrine and Fisk Quarry
- Enjoy deluxe accommodations: a cozy Vermont inn, a boutique hotel and a luxurious mountain resort
- Pause on a Lake Champlain island for a delicious picnic lunch
- Take a leisurely, scenic ride on South Hero Island
- Visit a local vineyard for a picnic lunch and wine tasting
- Ferry between the islands and the mainland as you ride one rewarding path after another
- Follow your own whims in Burlington’s lively markets
- Tour the Shelburne Museum, an extraordinary collection of 150,000 works
- Ride through the heart of Stowe on a dedicated path
- Taste Ben & Jerry’s ice cream during a tour of their factory
What to Expect
This tour offers the full range of easy terrain mixed with moderate hills and is ideal for beginning and experienced cyclists. Our VBT van support shuttle is always available for those who need assistance with the hills.
Average Daily Mileage: 13 – 33 miles
Average Cycling Time: 2 – 4 hours
Average High/Low Temperature (°F) – Burlington
Jun 76°/55° Jul 80°/60° Aug 78°/58° Sep 69°/50° Oct 57°/40°
Average Precipitation (in.) – Burlington
Jun 3.6 Jul 3.8 Aug 3.6 Sep 3.4 Oct 3
E-Bikes Available on this tour.
Limited quantities — first come, first served. Learn more.
- 5 nights in a historic inn, a chic boutique hotel and a mountain resort
- 11 meals – 5 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners
- FREE use of our custom VBT bicycle and helmet
- Service of two VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Daily route directions and maps
- Welcome reception
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- Kayaking excursion on Lake Champlain
- Visit to Shelburne Museum or Shelburne Farms (your choice!)
- Earn 5% Frequent Traveler Credit on this tour to use on a future VBT vacation. See details.
- AND the option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extension:
Pre-trip: Burlington – 1 night for only $195