Spain: Under the Andalusian Sky
From checkered fields of olive and orange groves through valleys framed by snowy peaks and ancient villages clinging to rocky hillsides, Andalucia is a cyclist’s dream. The route explores this ancient Andaluz-Arab landscape dotted with Roman ruins, Moorish architecture, and Gothic cathedrals. Relaxing stops at wine taverns and organic farms fortify the body and mind. Our historic hotels include a medieval monastery that once hosted Christopher Columbus. Siestas or fiestas—the choice is yours.
- Cycle along the Guadalquiver River for a Spanish picnic hosted by a local family
- Explore beautiful Cordoba on a guided tour, including a visit to the Mezquita
- Bike the Ruta del Vino (Wine Road) through olive groves and vineyards
- Ride the Via Verde rails-to-trails path through an incredible nature reserve
- Stay overnight in the San Francisco Monastery that hosted Christopher Columbus and drink fresh orange juice from 500-year old trees (when in season)
- Enjoy delicious cuisine: tapas, sherry, the best olive oils, goat cheese and sangria!
- Follow the bike path to Luque Castle, through peaceful farm country
- Gather for a delightful picnic lunch at a genuine cortijo, renowned for its olive oil
- Pedal through idyllic Zuheros, the perfect blend of Arab-Andaluz style
- Cycle downhill toward Spain’s highest mountain range to enchanting Granada
- Free time for siestas, people watching in cafés, Arab baths, and great shopping
- Enjoy free time to discover cafés, indulge in an Arab bath, or shop for fine leather goods
- Explore Spain’s #1 site – Alhambra Palace for an included visit of the Palace and Generalife Gardens, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
What to Expect
This tour offers a combination of easy terrain mixed with moderate hills and is ideal for beginning and experienced cyclists. Our VBT van support shuttle is always available for those who need assistance.
Average Daily Mileage: 18 – 45 miles
Average Cycling Time: 2 – 5 hours
Average High/Low Temperature (°F) – Seville
Mar 70º/47º Apr 73º/50º May 80º/56º Jun 88º/62º Sep 90º/64º Oct 78º/56º Nov 68º/49º
Average Precipitation (in.) – Seville
Mar 1.5 Apr 2 May 1.5 Jun .5 Sep 1 Oct 2 Nov 3
E-Bikes Available on this tour.
Limited quantities — first come, first served. Learn more.
Bicycle Vacation Only – without Air
- 6 nights in 3-, 4- and 5- star hotels
- 13 meals – 6 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners
Bicycle Vacation Plus International Airfare Package
- Roundtrip international airfare
- 6 nights in 3-, 4-, and 5-star hotels
- PLUS: 1 extra night in Palma del Rio and 1 extra night in Granada in 3- and 4- star hotels
- 15 meals — 8 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners
- All overseas transfers
- AND the option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extensions:
Pre-trip: Seville – 2 nights for only $395*
Post-trip: Barcelona – 3 nights for only $745-1,345*
Both Vacations Include
- FREE use of our custom VBT bicycle and helmet — New E-Bikes available
- Service of two bilingual VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Daily route directions and maps
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- 5% Frequent Traveler Credit to use on your next VBT vacation. See details.