Poland: Cycling through the Old World
From royal castles to lush fruit farms, you’ll take it all in at a gentle pace. You’ll visit charming Old World towns and roll through a pristine forest, ride a horse and buggy, and venture underground to merchants’ cellars and a UNESCO-acclaimed salt mine. And savor memorable meals, from a picnic lunch on a castle lawn to a sumptuous palace repast—and toast your discoveries with tastings of local vodka and mead.
- Join your Trip Leaders as they shop for a picnic lunch at a farmers’ market.
- Ferry across the Vistula River to the ruins of the 16th-century Janowiec Castle.
- Learn about the history and folklore of the quaint village of Kazimierz Dolny during a guided tour.
- Lunch in a late-Baroque palace, one of the most beautiful residences in Poland.
- Visit underground merchant cellars beneath the town square on a walking tour of Sandomierz.
- Cycle through fertile orchards in a region sometimes called the “Tuscany of Poland.”
- Learn the delicious secrets of making a traditional fruit dessert during a cooking demonstration.
- Sample Sandomierski mead, a unique brew produced only in this region.
- Roll along tranquil paved routes through a sylvan landscape in Niepolomice Forest.
- Tour the astonishing Wieliczka Salt Mines, and savor a Polish vodka tasting in one of its underground chambers.
- Cap off a guided tour of Krakow’s Old Town with a charming horse-and-buggy ride.
What to Expect
This tour offers easy terrain throughout the trip and is ideal for beginning cyclists. There are longer options with slight hills for the more experienced cyclists.
Average Daily Mileage: 15 – 35 miles
Average Cycling Time: 2 – 4 hours
Average High/Low Temperature (°F) – Warsaw
May 65º/47º Jun 70º/52º Jul 73º/55º Aug 73º/54º Sep 64º/47º Oct 54º/40º
Average Precipitation (in.) – Warsaw
May 2 Jun 2.5 Jul 3 Aug 3 Sep 2 Oct 1.5
E-Bikes Available on this tour.
Limited quantities — first come, first served. Learn more.
Bicycle Vacation Only – without Air
- 6 nights in 3- and 4-star hotels and a renovated 17th-century granary
- 11 meals – 6 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners
Air Package Plus
- Roundtrip international airfare
- 6 nights in 3-, 4- and 5-star hotels and a renovated 17th- century granary
PLUS: 1 extra night in Warsaw and 1 extra night in Krakow in 4- and 5-star hotel
- 13 meals – 8 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners
- ALL overseas transfers
- AND the option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extensions:
Pre-trip: Warsaw – 2 nights for only $295
Post-trip: Krakow – 2 nights for only $195
Both Vacation Options Include
- Free use of our custom VBT bicycle and helmet
- Service of two bilingual VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Daily route directions and maps
- Welcome reception
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- Earn 5% Frequent Traveler Credit on this tour to use on a future VBT vacation. See details.