The name says it all on this unique bike tour that gives travelers from all over a sampling of what makes Vermont so special. We’ll set out from our own backyard to enjoy pastoral cycling routes along quiet country roads past orchards, sweeping willows and family-run farms—all framed the foothills of the Green Mountains. Each day we’ll be treated to Vermont’s celebrated hospitality in quaint inns in a classic New England college town and another with its own private harbor. When we’re not on our bikes, we’ll enjoy refreshing dips in pristine lakes and soak up the charm of the endearing towns of Addison County.
- Take in the Vermont countryside from a different perspective during guided kayaking paddle through the Dead Creek Wildlife Management Area.
- Cycle over Lake Champlain via bridge to the Chimney Point Historic Site, a strategic location occupied by Native Americans, French settlers, and both British and American soldiers at different times throughout the 18th century.
- Take a refreshing dip in Lake Dunmore, a glacial lake that serves as the crown jewel of Branbury State Park.
- Tour the UVM Morgan Horse Farm and learn about this historic equine breed whose ancestors served as cavalry horses during Civil War.
What to Expect
This tour offers the full range of easy terrain mixed with moderate hills, and is ideal for both beginning and experienced cyclists. Our VBT van support shuttle is always available for those who need assistance with the hills.
Average Daily Mileage: 15 – 35 miles
Average Cycling Time: 2 – 4 hours
Average High/Low Temperature (°F) – Middlebury
Jun 77°/54° Jul 82°/59° Sep 71°/50° Oct 59°/39°
Average Precipitation (in.) – Middlebury
Jun 3.4 Jul 3.6 Sep 3.2 Oct 3
- 5 nights in an historic inn and a lakeside resort
- 10 meals – 5 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners
- FREE use of our custom VBT bicycle and helmet
- Service of two VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Daily route directions and maps
- Welcome reception
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- Private guided kayaking excursion
- 5% Frequent Traveler Credit to use on your next VBT vacation
- Special Good Buy Discount
- AND the option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extension: Pre-trip: Burlington – 1 night for only $145