Classic Vermont Bike Vacation
What a wonderful way to experience the stunning landscape and indomitable spirit of Vermont: on a bicycle, among travelers who share your passion for making unexpected discoveries, savoring farm-to-table cuisine, and encountering local folks who love to welcome visitors. Cycle along country roads past working farms and orchards, kayak a protected wildlife refuge, and get a real feel for Vermont’s heritage with included visits to a maritime museum and a world-renowned horse–breeding farm. If you like, take a dip in the bracing waters of a glacier-carved lake. And, of course, revel in five nights at a historic inn and an incomparable lakeside resort.
- Delight in 5 nights in a historic inn and a lakeside resort
- Cycle quiet country roads to Branbury State Park
- Gather for a picnic by Lake Dunmore and take a dip
- Enjoy free time to discover the charming town of Middlebury
- Pedal back roads beside the Hogback Mountain Ridge
- Ride past rolling farms with grand views of the Champlain Valley
- Discover a beautiful protected creek and marsh on a kayak
- Cycle through Panton village, with views of the Green Mountains
- Share an included lunch at the spectacular Basin Harbor Club
- Explore historic Vergennes, noted for its fine food and shopping
- Pedal along Otter Creek to Kingsland Bay State Park
- Enjoy an included visit to the Lake Champlain Maritime Museum
- Tour the Morgan Horse Farm and admire this historic breed
What to Expect
This tour offers the full range of easy terrain mixed with moderate hills, and is ideal for both beginning and experienced cyclists. Our VBT van support shuttle is always available for those who need assistance with the hills.
Average Daily Mileage: 15 – 35 miles
Average Cycling Time: 2 – 4 hours
Average High/Low Temperature (°F) – Middlebury
Jun 77°/54° Jul 82°/59° Sep 71°/50° Oct 59°/39°
Average Precipitation (in.) – Middlebury
Jun 3.4 Jul 3.6 Sep 3.2 Oct 3
E-Bikes Available on this tour.
Limited quantities — first come, first serve. Learn more.
- 5 nights in an historic inn and a lakeside resort
- 10 meals – 5 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners
- FREE use of our custom VBT bicycle and helmet — New E-Bikes available
- Service of two VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Daily route directions and maps
- Welcome reception
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- Private guided kayaking excursion
- Good Buy Plan
- 5% Frequent Traveler Credit to use on your next VBT vacation. See details.
- AND the option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extension: Pre-trip: Burlington – 1 night for only $145