Classic Vermont Bike Vacation
Cycle through a pastoral state forest, swim in shimmering lakes, kayak into a wildlife preserve, and take in splendid Green Mountain vistas. Along the way, visits with majestic Morgan horses, a stop at a tavern that hosted Thomas Jefferson, and delicious farm-fresh picnics round out this one-of-a-kind Vermont sojourn.
• Relax amidst the comfort of an historic inn and a lakeside resort
• Enjoy a reel on quiet country roads to Branbury State Park
• Picnic alongside Lake Dunmore and go in for a swim
• Explore the inimitable New England charms of Middlebury
• Cycle in view of the scenic Hogback Mountain Ridge
• Take a spin among gently rolling farmlands of the Champlain Valley
• Kayak the waters of picturesque creek and marsh
• Marvel at views of the Green Mountains as you cycle through Panton village
• Visit the spectacular Basin Harbor Resort & Boat Club for lunch
• Enjoy the fine food and shopping of historic Vergennes
• Trace the banks of Otter Creek to Kingsland Bay State Park
• Tour the fascinating Lake Champlain Maritime Museum
• Stop by the Morgan Horse Farm for a tour and meet its magnificent residents
What to Expect
This tour offers the full range of easy terrain mixed with moderate hills and is ideal for both beginning and experienced cyclists. Our VBT van support shuttle is always available for those who need assistance with the hills.
Average Daily Mileage: 15 – 35 miles
Average Cycling Time: 2 – 4 hours
Average High/Low Temperature (°F) – Middlebury
Jun 77°/54° Jul 82°/59° Aug 78°/57° Sep 71°/50° Oct 59°/39°
Average Precipitation (in.) – Middlebury
Jun 4 Jul 4.3 Aug 4.2 Sep 3.7 Oct 4
E-Bikes Available on this tour.
Limited quantities — first come, first served. Learn more.
- 5 nights in an historic inn and a lakeside resort
- 10 meals – 5 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners
- FREE use of our custom VBT bicycle and helmet — New E-Bikes available
- Service of two VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Daily route directions and maps
- Welcome reception
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- Private guided kayaking excursion
- 5% Frequent Traveler Credit to use on your next VBT vacation. See details.
- AND the option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extension:
Pre-trip: Burlington – 1 night for only $195