Cycling Scandinavia: Copenhagen to Stockholm
This is VBT’s Scandinavia, surprisingly undiscovered by cyclists … until now. In the bike-friendly nations of Denmark and Sweden, you’ll pedal flat easy routes amidst magnificent vistas, from Hamlet’s castle at Elsinor and old Göta Canal towpaths to the countless byways linking the charming villages and historic quarters of the Stockholm Archipelago. Along the way, delight in elegant accommodations, including hotels on the scenic banks of Lake Vättern, indulge in typical smörgåsbords, and bask in renowned Swedish hospitality.
- Cycle two of Scandinavia’s most bike-friendly countries: Denmark and Sweden
- Enjoy easy coastal riding, taking in magnificent sea views
- Ferry across the Öresund – the strait between Denmark and Sweden overlooked by Hamlet’s castle
- Pedal the tranquil pathways of Ven Island, steeped in royal history
- Savor Swedish cuisine, including the famed smörgåsbord, in beautiful outdoor settings with local hosts
- Enjoy games and beer inspired by a rich Viking past
- Stay overnight on the shores of Sweden’s breathtaking Lake Vättern
- Ride along Sweden’s historic Göta Canal and view its famous flight of seven locks at Berg
- Coast into Stockholm past the royal residence of Drottningholm Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Explore Stockholm’s inner archipelago, old town, and manicured royal parks
- Spin among the fishing villages and pastoral settings of Stockholm’s 24,000 islands
What to Expect
This tour offers easy terrain throughout the trip and is ideal for beginning cyclists.
Average Daily Mileage: 6.2 – 40 miles
Average Cycling Time: 2 – 4 hours
Average High/Low Temperature (°F) – Copenhagen
May 61º/46º Jun 66º/52º July 70º/55º Aug 70º/54º Sep 63º/50º
Average Precipitation (in.) – Copenhagen
May 1.6 Jun 2.4 July 2.4 Aug 2.4 Sep 2.4
Bicycle Vacation Only – without Air
- 6 nights in 4-star hotels
- 12 meals – 6 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners
Air Package Plus
- Roundtrip international airfare
- 8 nights in 4-star hotels
- 14 meals – 8 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners
- AND the option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extensions: Pre-trip: Copenhagen – 2 nights for only $295 • Post-trip: Helsinki – 3 nights from only $395-445*
*Depending on that departure date, your extension price may vary.
Both Vacation Options Include
- FREE use of our custom VBT bicycle and helmet
- Service of two bilingual VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Daily route directions and maps
- Welcome reception
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- Special Good Buy Discount
- 5% Frequent Traveler Credit to use on your next VBT vacation. See details.
Click here to download our Suggested Reading List.