Cycling Scandinavia: Copenhagen to Stockholm
Easy rides … legendary castles … seaside charms and a shimmering archipelago dotted with fishing boats and red cottages. Rub shoulders with modern Vikings along the famous Göta Canal trail and tap into the heart of Norse culture. Explore mythical forests, lakes and islands as you journey by train through the countryside. You’re welcomed by cool design and warm hospitality in sleek Copenhagen and elegant Stockholm—two refreshing capitals that speak your language. Join us on this luscious smörgåsbord in the Land of the Midnight Sun.
- Cycle two of Scandinavia’s most bike-friendly countries: Denmark and Sweden
- Enjoy easy coastal riding, taking in magnificent Baltic Sea views, including the Kattegattleden bike route
- Ferry across the Öresund – the Baltic strait between Denmark and Sweden overlooked by Hamlet’s castle
- Picnic near the 16th-century Landskrona Citadel, a unique castle and moat built by Denmark’s King Christian III
- Savor Swedish cuisine, including the famed smörgåsbord with local hosts
- Enjoy games and beer inspired by a rich Viking past
- Ride along Sweden’s historic Göta Canal and view its locks
- Cycle bicycle paths into Stockholmer’s beloved parks of Haga and Djurgården
- Explore Stockholm’s inner archipelago, old town, and manicured royal parks
What to Expect
This tour offers easy terrain throughout the trip and is ideal for beginning cyclists.
Average Daily Mileage: 6.2 – 40 miles
Average Cycling Time: 2 – 4 hours
Average High/Low Temperature (°F) – Copenhagen
May 61º/46º Jun 66º/52º July 70º/55º Aug 70º/54º Sep 63º/50º
Average Precipitation (in.) – Copenhagen
May 1.6 Jun 2.4 July 2.4 Aug 2.4 Sep 2.4
E-Bikes Available on this tour.
Limited quantities — first come, first served. Learn more.
Bicycle Vacation Only – without Air
- 6 nights in 4-star hotels
- 12 meals – 6 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners
Air Package Plus
- Round trip international airfare
- 8 nights in 4-star hotels
- 14 meals – 8 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners
- AND the option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extensions:
Pre-trip: Copenhagen – 2 nights for only $495
Post-trip: Helsinki – 3 nights from only $695-795*
Both Vacation Options Include
- FREE use of our custom VBT bicycle and helmet – E-Bikes available
- Service of two bilingual VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Daily route directions and maps
- Welcome reception
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- Earn 5% Frequent Traveler Credit on this tour to use on a future VBT vacation. See details.