Bicycling France: Normandy & Brittany
Enjoy shifting views of rural countryside, half-timbered villages, medieval ruins and the shimmering sea. Visit the spectacular island and abbey of Mont Saint-Michel. Learn about explorer Jacques Cartier at his manor home. And get a true taste of the region in its succulent oysters, tangy cheeses and fresh cider along the way.
- Cycle through rolling pasturelands and picturesque country villages past half-timbered country manors, into rural Normandy.
- Delve into World War II history as you explore the D-Day Museum at your own pace.
- Visualize the dramatic events of D-Day as you visit Omaha Beach with a local guide.
- Ponder the effects of war during a sobering visit to the American Cemetery.
- Take a dip in the Channel.
- Learn how cider is made during a visit to a local orchard—and enjoy a taste.
- Enjoy the beach-side location of your Brittany hotel.
- Stroll a fairytale setting of ramparts, half-timbered houses and harbor views on a guided tour of Dinan.
- View granite homes draped with fishing nets in the quaint village of Saint-Suliac.
- Savor a specialty of Brittany during dinner at an authentic creperie
- Taste the delicious oysters that enchanted King Louis XIV.
- Visit spectacular Mont Saint-Michel, best known for its well-preserved Benedictine abbey.
What To Expect
This tour offers a combination of easy terrain mixed with moderate hills. Our VBT van support shuttle is always available for those who need assistance. Ideal for beginning and experienced cyclists.
Average Daily Mileage: 15 – 30 miles
Average Cycling Time: 2 – 4.5 hours
Average High/Low Temperature (°F) – Bayeux
Apr 58º/41º May 63º/47º Jun 68º/52º Jul 73º/55º Aug 73º/55º Sep 68º/52º Oct 61º/46º
Average Precipitation (in.) – Bayeux
Apr 1.8 May 2 Jun 2 Jul 2 Aug 2 Sep 2.3 Oct 2.7
E-Bikes Available on this tour.
Limited quantities — first come, first served. Learn more.
Bicycle Vacation Only – without Air
- 6 nights in 3- and 5-star hotels
- 11 meals – 6 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners
Air Package Plus
- Roundtrip international airfare
- 6 nights in in 3- and 5-star hotels
- PLUS: 2 extra nights in a 4-star hotel in Paris
- 13 meals – 8 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners
- ALL overseas transfers
- AND the option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extension:
Pre-trip: Paris – 2 nights for only $445-695*
Both Vacation Options Include
- FREE use of our custom VBT bicycle and helmet
- Service of two local bilingual VBT Trip Leaders
- Full van support
- Daily route directions and maps
- Welcome reception with local wine and hors d’oeuvres
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- Earn 5% Frequent Traveler Credit on this tour to use on a future VBT vacation. See details.