Arizona: Saguaro National Park & the Sonoran Desert
On your bicycling vacation, you’ll visit one-of-a-kind museums and art galleries, savor a wine tasting at a family-owned Arizona winery, and witness firsthand the region’s unique plant and wildlife, including the iconic Saguaro cacti. Your Southwest vacation will also afford you tremendous opportunities for Arizona birding. Your lodgings at a charming B&B, a historic ranch, and a serene resort ensure that your experience of southern Arizona is authentic from start to finish.
- Delight in a wine tasting and picnic lunch at a family-owned vineyard.
- Dig into the region’s mining legacy at the Bisbee Mining & Historical Museum.
- Spend time exploring the highly regarded Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum.
- Join a Harris’s Hawk (or other raptor) free flight demonstration
- Take in local art at galleries in Bisbee and Tubac.
- Peer up at the mighty Saguaro cactus in Saguaro National Park.
- Relax with a game of golf or at the luxurious spa facilities of the Tubac Golf Resort & Spa.
- Enjoy delicious food in a region that draws its culinary inspirations from Native American, Spanish, Mexican and Anglo-American influences.
What to Expect
This tour offers a combination of easy terrain mixed with moderate hills, ideal for beginning and experienced cyclists. Our VBT van support shuttle is always available for those who need assistance This tour includes strategic shuttles on most days in order to access the best cycling routes, avoiding busy roads and repetitive scenery.
Average Daily Mileage: 15-40 miles
Average Cycling Time: 4-5 hours
Average High/Low Temperature (°F) – Tucson
Feb 68°/41° Mar 73°/44° Apr 81°/51° Oct 84°/57° Nov 73°/45°
Average Precipitation (in.) – Tuscon
Feb 0.07 Mar 0.7 Apr 0.3 Oct 0.9 Nov 0.6
E-Bikes Available on this tour.
Limited quantities — first come, first served. Learn more.
- 6 nights in a distinctive Southwestern B&B and two historic guest ranches
- 13 meals—6 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners
- FREE use of our custom VBT bicycle and helmet — E-Bikes available
- Service of two VBT Trip Leaders
- Daily route directions and maps
- Welcome reception
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- 5% Frequent Traveler Credit to use on your next VBT vacation. See details.