VBT Bicycling and Walking Vacations Highlights New Tours, Traveler Favorites & Great Ways to Save for 2016
The Award-Winning Tour Operator Unveils 2016 Portfolio of Worldwide Active
Travel Vacations with New Barge/Sail Offering, Big Savings and Popular Itineraries
BRISTOL, VT — Sept. 16, 2015 — More travelers are reserving active travel vacations than ever before and many recognize there is no better way to engage their mind, body and spirit while on a vacation, than experiencing the world on foot or by bike. With this rising travel trend, VBT Bicycling and Walking Vacations has seen bookings increase by more than 60 percent over the past year. Now for 2016, VBT Bicycling and Walking Vacations announces five new tours in Europe, South America and the United States.
VBT also unveils its full 2016 catalog, including 54 unforgettable active travel itineraries in 27 countries and 10 U.S. states with savings of up to $200 per person on over 150 departures. VBT is expanding its offering for their award-winning bike and barge tours, as well as for popular itineraries in France and Italy which tend to sell out. Additional highlights for 2016 include:
New Tours for 2016
- North Holland and Friesland Bike & Sail Adventure: For the first time, VBT is offering the combination of bicycling and sailing through North Holland which boasts a unique culture and miles of scenic cycling on windswept islands.
- Spain’s Costa Brava: Cycling Dali’s Landscapes: This tour encompasses the native region of Salvador Dali where travelers will explore the culture and scenery that inspired his art. VBT has even included a guided visit of Dali’s own Pubol Castle and museum.
- Alsace & the Black Forest: La Route des Vins: This active vacation features smooth rides along the wine roads of France’s Alsace region and the scenic vineyards of the Black Forest. History buffs will love the included tour of Badenweiler’s 2,000-year-old Roman spa ruins.
- Florida’s Historic Coast: On this journey travelers will enjoy the soft-sand beaches and glorious sunshine while cycling around Amelia Island and St. Augustine to learn about its rich history.
- Chile’s Coastal Vistas & Vineyards: This new Chile tour will immerse travelers in the coastal towns of Valparaiso and Zapallar where travelers will have the opportunity to cycle along the Pacific Ocean and enjoy lunch with local fishermen. More inland, the tour visits the verdant vineyards of the Central Valley.
Big Savings on 2016 Vacations
VBT’s unsurpassed value in the world of active travel comes from outstanding quality and low prices. No other tour company offers so many features and advantages, including international roundtrip airfare, local accommodations, most meals, and complimentary custom bicycles or walking poles. Limited-time savings include:
- Special early booking offer: Save up to $200 on over 150 biking/walking departures when reserved by October 29
- 5% Good Buy Discount off ANY 2016 trip cost when reserved by October 29 and paid in full within 14 days of booking
- Currency savings up to $550 on Euro-based land trips due to favorable currency rates
Biking and Walking President’s Tours
Gather with VBT President Gregg Marston, his wife Caroline, and other VBT team members for very special VBT President’s Tours. These unique departures include special bonuses and a few added surprises from Gregg and the trip leaders. 2016 President’s Tours include New Zealand, Vietnam and the new Alsace & the Black Forest: La Route des Vins itinerary.
Special Culinary Vacations
While VBT’s entire portfolio includes immersive, local experiences and home-hosted meals, the company is expanding its culinary offerings in 2016. On these select departures travelers will enjoy enhanced culinary events like cooking classes, food and wine tastings, market excursions, conversations with chefs, and much more. A culinary departure is included on all walking vacations and on select dates for biking tours in Spain and Tuscany.
Gianna Wyatt, Quinn
212-868-1900 ext. 278