Hotel and Vendor Coordinator
Join VBT and Country Walkers; an award-winning, Vermont-based active travel company and be part of our high performing, international team. We offer deluxe, small-group bicycling and walking tours worldwide at a variety of different levels and paces. Positively impacting people’s lives through active travel experiences is what we’re all about!
We’re seeking a Hotel and Vendor Coordinator for our Williston office. The Hotel and Vendor Coordinator is responsible for the set-up, maintenance, and quality of all trip logistics for their assigned regions to include secondary contracting, vendor communication, inventory management, air and land transfers, tour product build, and overall logistics.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE:
- Strive to meet excellence goals in all areas of trip logistics for both VBT and Country Walkers brands.
- Create strong relationships with all vendors; assist with resolution of vendor issues.
- Manage secondary vendor partnerships including the negotiation of costs and contracting for restaurants, transportation, and activities; ensure all signatures and rates are confirmed.
- Manage on-going communication with both hotels and secondary vendors in regards to status reports, rooming lists, late guest adds/cancellations, tour cancellations, and inventory requirements.
- Create and manage hotel and secondary vendor files.
- Build tour packages including the creation of all services, costs, and departure dates in the company reservation system.
- Manage room allocations; work with sales and customer service to ensure that trip inventory is correct and adjusted as needed.
- Request and confirm all Air Package and Flight + Tour Combo pre/post and extension reservations with world-wide hotels and operators.
- Assist Product Directors with the creation of new packages. Create and update Air Flow Charts.
- Coordinate guest transfers and provide all transportation companies with transfer grids and updates as needed.
- Coordinate and schedule “meet and greet” personnel for relevant tours.
- Run and send quality reports to all hotels and secondary vendors as requested by Product Directors.
- Assist with research and development of new properties, transfer companies, and secondary vendors as needed.
- Work with guides and leaders to create route directions and maps.
- Assist Product Directors with the creation and updating of confirmation packets, handbooks, and all relevant marketing materials.
- Assist with after-hours emergencies as needed when contacted by On-Call International.
College degree or relevant professional experience
Ability to work independently and meet strict deadlines
Extremely detail-oriented, organized, and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
Willingness to become proficient in our reservation system for guest and tour maintenance
Ability to approach a fast-paced and constantly changing industry with flexibility, creativity, and a positive attitude
Strong interest in active, healthy worldwide travel preferred
Travel industry experience preferred
Basic mathematical skills and contract negotiation skills required
Exceptional written and oral communication skills required
Exceptional technical skills; computer operations, systems navigation, data entry required
Please send resume to [email protected], or by mail to:
Nicole Voth, Director of Human Resources
426 Industrial Avenue, Suite 120
Williston, VT 05495