Email Marketing Manager
Join VBT and Country Walkers; an award-winning, Vermont-based active travel company and be part of our high performing, international team. We offer deluxe, small-group bicycling and walking tours worldwide at a variety of different levels and paces. Positively impacting people’s lives through active travel experiences is what we’re all about!
This role manages our email marketing program and is responsible to build brand equity and drive customer engagement. Responsibilities include email strategy, subscriber list management and segmentation, campaign execution, copy and creative development and testing, and results measurement, including trends and recommendations. Passionate about making a difference, providing leadership and collaborating within a matrix structure to optimize results.
- Manages the company’s email campaigns using our marketing automation platform
- Analyzes current email marketing campaigns and makes recommendations for improvement through segmentation
- Executes trigger email campaigns throughout the lead and guest lifecycles to maximize engagement and sales
- Recommends database segmentation and implements remarketing strategies.
- A/B tests various elements (subject lines, CTAs, etc.) of the email campaigns to achieve incrementally effective campaigns
- Tracks and reports on email campaigns
- Contributes to social media initatives
- Ensures that all email campaigns comply with the current best practices and renders appropriately across platforms and devices
- Manage timelines and cross-functional contribution in creative briefs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years related experience required, email marketing manager preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in e-marketing or related field
- Superb written and copywriting skills
- Excellent HTML and CSS skills
- Proficient user of online tools and platforms including evolved email or marketing automation platforms, the Microsoft Office Suite, CSS/HTML and Photoshop
- Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues and subject matter experts
- A keen attention to detail required, especially in the areas of proofreading, clarity, font sizes, colors, and other brand-related assets
- Responsible for taking independent action within a wide variety of duties.
- Strong organizational skills required
- Travel industry experience is desirable and a strong interest in active, healthy worldwide travel preferred
Duties and responsibilities are generally performed in an office environment with a regular work schedule. Physical demands generally include frequent reaching and grasping, light to moderate lifting (10-20 lbs.), and light to moderate carrying. Mobility demands generally include continuous sitting and occasional standing. Sensory demands generally include keyboarding, computer terminal, and telephone.
Please send resume to [email protected], or by mail to:
Nicole Voth, Director of Human Resources
426 Industrial Avenue, Suite 120
Williston, VT 05495