The Tuscan Coast
Italy is all about enjoying the pleasures of life—as you’ll discover on this journey through the heart of Tuscany on this biking tour along Costa Degli Etruschi. You’ll roll along some of the most beautiful roads in the country, past cypress-lined avenues, fertile vineyards, and fields of sunflowers draped in gauzy sunlight. Along the way, you’ll pause to picnic at a hilltop castle, visit a seaside resort, and indulge in the amenities of two agriturismi. There are many other pleasures to savor, as well, from wine and olive oil tastings to a home-cooked meal with a renowned chef, on this up-close experience of the authentic Tuscany that only a bicycling vacation can deliver.
- Join Luigi Brunetti on a tour of his agriturismo’s wine cantina
- Cycle Italy’s beautiful Strada del Vino wine route
- Dine at home with the founder of Cooking in Tuscany
- Learn Italian phrases from your bilingual Trip Leaders
- Visit Fonte di Foiano olive oil mill for a tasting, tour and lunch
- Ride along the Etruscan Coast to 10th-century Suvereto
- Discover the Bolgheri region’s famed Super Tuscan wines
- Opt for horseback riding at Agriturismo Montebelli
- See the fortified coastal city of Castiglione della Pescaia
What to Expect
This tour offers a combination of easy terrain and moderate hills, and is ideal for beginning and experienced cyclists. Our VBT van support shuttle is always available for those who need assistance with the hills.
Average Daily Mileage: 18 – 45 miles (29 – 72.4 km)
Average Cycling Time: 2 – 5 hours
Average High/Low Temperature (°F) – Florence
Apr 68º/46º May 75º/53º Jun 84º/58º Sep 81º/58º Oct 69º/51º
Average Precipitation (in.) – Florence
Apr 3 May 3 Jun 3 Sep 3.5 Oct 4
E-Bikes Available on this tour.
Limited quantities — first come, first serve. Learn more.
Bicycle Vacation Only – without Air
- 6 nights in 4- and 5-star hotels and two agriturismi
- 11 meals – 6 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners
Air Package Plus
- Roundtrip international airfare
- 8 nights in 4- and 5-star hotels and two agriturismi
- 13 meals – 8 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners
- AND the option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extensions: Pre-trip: Florence – 2 nights for only $445 • Post-trip: Rome – 2 nights for only $445
Both Vacation Options Include
- FREE use of our custom VBT bicycle and helmet — New E-Bikes available
- Service of two bilingual VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Daily route directions and maps
- Welcome reception
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- Special Good Buy Discount
- 5% Frequent Traveler Credit to use on your next VBT vacation
New! Reading List
Click here to download our Suggested Reading List.