Spain’s Costa Brava: Cycling Dali’s Landscapes
Inspiration waits at every turn in Spain’s breathtaking region of fertile farms, lush vineyards, stone-cut medieval villages, and neat olive groves—all overlooked by the soaring pinnacles of the Pyrenees. Join VBT as we cycle scenic roads from mountains to sea. This is the land that captured the imagination of Salvador Dali, and it’s sure to capture yours, too, as you visit a cider farm, savor a home-cooked meal at a typical Catalonian farmhouse, cruise the dramatic coast, and visit the preserved home and fascinating museum of the artist himself.
- Sail past the Costa Brava coastline on a private cruise through a thriving marine reserve
- Cool off every day in beautiful swimming pools at stunning hotels with full service spas
- Appreciate the art collection at the surreal Dalí ‘Theatre-Museum’ that’s full of surprises, tricks and illusions
- Cycle through vineyards, olive groves and cork tree plantations and arrive near France’s western border where a picnic awaits
- Tour ancient Greek and Roman ruins, monasteries and castles along the route
- Learn about Dalí’s fascinating personal life on a tour of his private castle home, Púbol
- See how fresh apples get pressed for cider-making at an organic farm followed by a home-hosted lunch
- Explore Costa Brava’s stunning Mediterranean coastline with the snow-capped Pyrenees in the distance
- Appreciate the fine wines and a variety of Catalonian tapas dishes at fun bars and cafés
What to Expect
This tour offers easy terrain throughout the trip and is ideal for beginning cyclists, however there may be some challenging hills for non-enthusiastic riders. VBT van support shuttle is always available for those who would like assistance. Some roads may have busier traffic during the popular months of June and first 2 weeks of September.
Average Daily Mileage: 15 – 35 miles
Average Cycling Time: 2 – 4 hours
Average High/Low Temperature (°F) – Barcelona
Mar 61°/44° Apr 61°/44° May 64°/47° Jun 69°/54° Sep 78°/62° Oct 71°/55°
Average Precipitation (in.) – Barcelona
Mar 1.6 Apr 1.9 May 2.3 Jun 1.6 Sep 3.4 Oct 3.6
E-Bikes Available on this tour.
Limited quantities — first come, first serve. Learn more.
Bicycle Vacation Only – Without Air
- 6 nights in 4-star hotels
- 13 meals – 6 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners
Air Package Plus
- Roundtrip international airfare
- 6 nights in 4-star hotels
1 night in Girona and 1 night in Barcelona in 4- star hotels (Note: Post-extension guests
1 night in Barcelona will be substituted with a 3rd night in Mallorca).
- 15 meals – 8 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners
- All overseas transfers
- AND the option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extensions:
Pre-trip: Barcelona – 2 nights for only $595
Post-trip: Mallorca – 3 nights* for only $595
Both Vacations Include
- FREE use of our custom VBT bicycle and helmet — New E-Bikes available
- Service of two bilingual VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Welcome reception
- Daily route directions and maps
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- 5% Frequent Traveler Credit to use on your next VBT vacation. See details.