Journey through Vietnam
By bike, boat and rickshaw, Vietnam will bewitch you during this unforgettable Far East adventure. We’ll travel north to south, beginning in historic Hanoi and finishing in dazzling Saigon. In between, we’ll explore the once forbidden Purple City, wind through the subterranean maze of the Cu Chi tunnels and savor Vietnam’s delicate cuisine. With the help of our local Trip Leaders, we’ll mingle with rural fishermen, visit a village market, and trade greetings at a local orphanage. A myriad of wonders—both natural and man-made—await us at every turn of this VBT vacation to one of the world’s most alluring places.
- Connect with the local culture during a special visit to an orphanage
- Enjoy a unique water puppet performance in Hanoi
- Tour the Forbidden Purple City, Imperial City, Buddhist pagoda and ancient Cham towers
- Whisk through the traditional shopping streets of Hanoi's ancient quarter on a cyclo
- Park your bike and take in a walking tour of Hoi An, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Meet with a local Vietcong and explore the eerie Cu Chi tunnels
- Visit local markets and sample local delicacies throughout your journey
What to Expect
This tour offers easy terrain throughout the trip and is suitable for beginning cyclists and ideal for regular recreational cyclists. Roads are carefully selected but in general are not of the same standard as in Europe or the U.S.
Average Daily Mileage: 15 - 35 miles
Average Cycling Time: 2 - 4 hours
Average Daily Temperature (°F) – Hanoi Jan 66° Feb 67° Mar 72° Oct 82° Nov 76° Dec 71°
Average Rainfall (in.) – Hanoi Jan .7 Feb 1.1 Mar 1.5 Oct 3.9 Nov 1.7 Dec .8
Bicycle Tour Only – without Air
- 9 nights in 4- and 5-star resorts
- 22 meals – 9 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 5 dinners
Air Package Plus
- Roundtrip international airfare
- 12 nights: 10 nights in 4- and 5-star resorts and two nights in flight
- 23 meals – 10 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 5 dinners
- The option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extensions: Pre-trip: Halong Bay – 2 nights (1 night in Hanoi and 1 night in Halong Bay) for only $495* • Post-trip: Angkor Wat, Cambodia – 3 nights for only $845**
*Please note for those traveling in 2016: Pre-trip: Halong Bay is $595, Single supplement is $145.
**Please note for those traveling in 2016: Post-trip:Angkor Wat is $895, Single supplement is $245.
Both Vacations Include
- Free use of our VBT bicycle and helmet
- Service of two bilingual VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Daily route directions and maps
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- 5% Frequent Traveler Credit to use on your next VBT vacation
- Special Good Buy Discount