Cycling Piedmont: Into Italy’s Slow Food Farmland
Magnificent rolling hills, deep forests and medieval, castle-crowned villages tell only part of the story of Piedmont, Italy’s pilgrimage site for foodies. By bicycle is the best way to learn the rest, as life here unfolds at a leisurely pace. You’ll bike into the Langhe region, where the slow food movement first took root and the Piedmontese still embrace their farm-fresh, earthen cuisine. Join them during invigorating reels over scenic hills that lead you to the doors of working farmers, meticulous winemakers and sharp-nosed, four-legged truffle hunters. Join VBT for our new Piedmont biking tour, and enjoy life in the slow lane!
- Enjoy invigorating reels while biking Piedmont’s hills
- Ride world-renowned vineyard landscapes
- Pass by distinctive cascina farmhouses
- Tour the medieval streets of Barolo
- Tour Canelli’s UNESCO-listed Spumante cellars
- Hunt for truffles with a trifolao and his dog
- Tour a local grappa distillery
- Learn to make your own wood-fired pizza
What to Expect
This Piedmont biking tour offers a combination of easy terrain mixed with moderate and challenging hills. Our VBT van support shuttle is always available for those who need assistance with the hills. Ideal for experienced cyclists.
Average Daily Mileage: 15 – 45 miles
Average Cycling Time: 3 – 5 hours
Average High/Low Temperature (°F) – Turin
Apr 62º/42º May 70º/50º Jun 77º/57º Jul 82º/61º Aug 80º/60º Sep 74º/55º Oct 63º/45º
Average Precipitation (in.) – Turin
Apr 4.1 May 4.7 Jun 3.8 Jul 2.6 Aug 3.1 Sep 2.8 Oct 3.5
E-Bikes Available on this tour.
Limited quantities — first come, first serve. Learn more.
Bicycle Vacation Only – without Air
- 6 nights in one agriturismo and 3- and 4-star hotels
- 12 meals – 6 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 4 dinners
Air Package Plus
- Roundtrip international airfare
- 8 nights in one agriturismo and 3-, 4-, and 5-star hotels
- 14 meals – 8 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 4 dinners
- Airport transfers
- And the option to add our Low-Cost Trip Extensions: Pre-trip: Turin – 2 nights for only $445
Post-trip: Rapallo – 2 nights for only $395
Both Vacation Options Include
- FREE use of our custom VBT bicycle and helmet — New E-Bikes available
- Service of two bilingual VBT Trip Leaders
- FULL VAN SUPPORT
- Daily route directions and maps
- Welcome reception with local wine and hors d’oeuvres
- Sightseeing and cultural activities
- Special Good Buy Discount
- 5% Frequent Traveler Credit to use on your next VBT vacation. See details.
New! Reading List
Click here to download our Suggested Reading List.