Leader Operations Manager
Join VBT and Country Walkers; an award winning, Vermont based active travel company and be part of our high performing, international team. We’re seeking enthusiastic professionals with a passion for the travel industry!
The Leader Operations Manager, located in our Williston ofice is responsible for the logistics and quality of Leader Operations to include recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, tracking and reporting. The position scope entails an assigned region and collection of tours in collaboration with Technical Operations, Finance and other Leader Ops team members.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE:
- Meet or exceed trip leader excellence goals for designated programs
- Manage the leader operational logistics for designated programs to include:
- Tour Master Document completion and distribution as well as collection and processing
- Enter tour logistics, pay and per diems in the operational system
- Collection, adjustments and distribution of leader reimbursement requests
- Trip leader scheduling for designated regions
- Some budgeting responsibility for designated region
- Collect, track and manage all leader hiring/on-boarding documentation
- Maintain leader personnel database in the operational system
- Trip leader contract preparation, distribution and collection
- Administration of all aspects of the recruiting effort, including advertising, application distribution and collection, interviews and follow-up.
- Support and participate in leader hiring and training events, and leader end of season meetings as warranted
- Maintain leader evaluation database & spreadsheet
- Support worldwide leader garment order and distribution
- Prepare, assemble, and distribute Leader Reference Manuals.
- Active involvement in efficiency initiatives and automation enhancements
- Facilitate the administrative functions as necessary for the department
- Additional tour leading or field related work may be required.
- Strong professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- English fluency
- Ability in European languages a plus
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail
- Travel/tourism industry experience preferred
- Minimum of 3 years experience in office systems and operations
- Computer skills in Excel, Word, and the internet
- Self-starter capable of working independently as well as in collaboration with others
- Flexibility in sharing worldwide roles as part of a small team
- Able and willing to travel internationally
Please send resume to [email protected]