Roasted Beet Salad
- 3 Large Beets, peeled, scrubbed with ends cut off
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Vermont Maple Syrup
- 5 tbsps fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh, minced parsley
- 8 scallions, sliced
- salt to taste
- 2 cups mesclun (radicchio, watercress, spinach, arugula)
- 6-8 tbsp sliced, fresh goat cheese
- Slice beets and arrange in a large glass baking dish. Coat with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. In a preheated 350˚ oven, roast the beets for 45 minutes or until tender. Remove from the oven to cool. Then further slice the beets and set aside.
- While beets are cooking, whisk together the maple syrup, lemon juice, oil, parsley, scallions and salt in a medium bowl for the dressing and set aside.
- Once the beets have cooled, toss them with mesclun and dressing, top with the fresh goat cheese and serve. Note: For an added garnish add 1/4 cup of chopped pecans.