Gazpacho can be enjoyed year-round, but an abundance of fresh, ripe tomatoes and warm summer evenings make August the perfect time to enjoy one of our favorite dishes from Andalucía. VBT Associate, Leila, provided us with her family’s take on the classic raw soup.
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled
- 1 cucumber peeled and seeded
- 1 small onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 pepper
- 1 slice of bread, crust removed
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Puree first 5 ingredients until well blended
- Add bread and continue to blend
- Add vinegar, slowly drizzle olive oil and blend until smooth
- Add water to adjust consistency if too thick
- Season withTabasco, salt and pepper to taste
Leila suggests serving grilled or roasted prawns alongside the Gazpacho and pairing the meal with a Rose or a Sherry for a full palette of flavors. ¡Buen provecho!